1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn: Roadrunner Users

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by skeet_man, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just thought i'd let all my shooting friends that use Time Warner roadrunner for internet know about a money saving option. I was using the standard roadrunner connection (the only one that was available when I signed up a year or so ago), which was running me $44.95/month, which was going up to i think 44.95 in a month or so. I heard that you could downgrade your account for a significant savings from a gun club member. I called Time Warner, and I downgraded my service to Lite, which is $19.95 (i read it was 14.95, but I don't have cable tv, so I think they upcharge you a little bit if thats the case). Haven't noticed any lower performance so far (the service was immediately downgraded when I called and requested it). I don't do any downloading or gaming, so I think this service will be ideal for me, as well as saving me $25-$30/month.

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

RR lite is just a touch over DSL. If you don't need a faster connection then that's the ticket. I am on their fastest they have here in MI. 15 megs down and 1.5 megs up. I use every bit of it too. 5 computers and an XBox 360 /Wii on line.
    RR Lite is advertised as 768 kbs down and 128 kbs up.

In reality its more like.ยท Slower download/upload speed - 384 x 128 Kbps or 256 x 128 Kbps depending on the division.

Go to the above site and test your speed.

Mine is this with everyone surfing or playing on the XBox.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Nov%2008/?action=view&current=c5bfe8e9.png" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.