1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATTN: PHIL KINER

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Phil..... I posted this a few days ago. I know you have sight blinders on your barrels, as does Harlan, and I need some help. Are yours fixed to the rib, or are they the stick on type? If they are fixed, who did them? Please respond via email......Thanks, Dan

"I currently have a set of Meadow Industries stick on sight blinders on both my combo barrels. I want to have a set installed more permanently to the side of the ribs. I don't like looking at the "hump" on the rear of the stick on ones when I look down the rib. I saw the thread with Drew's 1100 where the side of the rib looked like it was drilled for a blinder, however, it appears that the hole is actually drilled into a rib post, rather than the rib itself. I want these blinders installed on my DB-81 combo, and it doesn't look like there is a rib post to use for this purpose. Has anyone had a set of these installed on a high ribbed gun, and if so, how was it mounted? Who did the installation for you? Thanks for your responses......Dan Thome (Trap2)"

2. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I would also be interested in having a side binder installed. I put the stick on kind on and it lasted about 2 rounds. I might add, the hump did bother me as I saw it everytime I put the gun up. Could not forse myself to not look at it.

Tomas

3. Claycarl

Claycarl TS Member

Kerry Allor installed the blinders on my K-80, did both barrels, does an excellent job, drills and taps the rib, blinder is made of steel, you won't have to worry about it falling off

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

claycarl....Thanks for the information....Dan

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

On my Kolar unsingle barrel I made a piece of metal that fastened to the side of the rib. I made a second piece that fit into the detent in the rib on the opposite side. I used two small nuts and bolts to fasten them together I then cold blued all parts before final installation. It looks like something that came from the factory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.