1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn. Ohio Shooters & Clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

The OSTA held their meeting on 3/10/12 and one of the new items that we will be offering in conjuction with Cardinal Center is the use of a radio show called "Buckeye Sportsman with Dan Armitage". During this show Dan will go over events that will be held in the coming weeks. We hope that all clubs that host registered or non-registered events take advantage if this new offering to increase their attendance and participation at their respective events.

Brad Dysinger will be the point of contact to get your information out on the air waves. You can go to the Ohio State web page and send the information to Brad who in turn will get it setup for the radio show.

We want feedback from you about this program to determine if it helps increase your attendance and participation. We have agreed to a six month trial of this during the prime shooting season. At the end of the trial period based upon your feedback we will determine if the program should continue.

So shooters here is your chance to get your shoot information out across the air waves to most of Ohio. Please give us your feedback about this program with regards to increased attendance and participation at your events.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    OSTA Vice President

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Roger,

When you can get a link to the station, will you please post it. I am thinking this is a great way to promote the shoots in Ohio. With most stations having "Live Feed" in today's world, this would be good for many state organizations to do.

Thanks for the info, and good luck with this venture.

Dave in SC

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Hey Rodger that is an excellent Idea and hope aal Ohio Gun Clubs Participate.

Maybe a Promotion for the Games Shooter Vs All American Shoot out to get funds for the youth at the Ohio State Shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Thanks for the positive feedback. Here is the link to the web page for Dan Armitage.

http://www.buckeyesportsman.net/

Dr. Longshot, the grudge match between you and BIGDON was talked about at length yesterday. We will be selling a board with the winner receiving $ 500.00 and the rest of the proceeds going to the Ohio State Foundaton.

The grudge match will be on our Monday fun day which consists of Pink Practice and the 50 bird special lewis class event to honor our present and past veterans. All the details will be in our state shoot program which will be coming out shortly.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    OSTA Vice President

5. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Just got off the phone with Brad Dysinger, all proceeds from Fun Day will be split evenly between breast cancer research and a military charitable organization.

Roger Edgington

6. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The Buckeye Sportsman Radio show with Dan Armitage is heard all accross Ohio on around twenty stations. I advertise my hunting preserve in the fall and winter and the OSTA and the Cardinal Center will be taking over in Mid March for the trap shooting season.

Dan and his family came to the Ohio State Shoot last year and was one of our Celebrity shooters. i'll talk to him this week and get all the particulars on stations ect. for his program.

I have advertised on the radio every since I opened my hunting business in 1996, but this year is my first with Dan. I think the OSTA and the Cardinal Center will reach a lot of hunters and outdoorsman that don't know about trap shooting this way.

Dr. Longshot, Gary, we will be announcing grudge match twenty twelve details soon. Shooters are looking forword to it, so am I.

Brad Dysinger

7. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

No affiliate stations in Cleveland, Columbus or Cincinnati and that is just a shame there is no coverage in the three largest population centers.

doc

8. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

The affiliates are listed below. Dan's shows are also available on the internet.

There are radio stations that are near all of the major population centers in Ohio.

Cincy radios can easily tune to Xenia, Columbus not too far from Marysville and Lancaster, and you can hear Youngstown stations in Cleveland.

Listen to Buckeye Sportsman Saturday mornings on these affiliates:

WCSM 96.7 FM Celina 5-6 (Sun 6-7) AM
    * WFIN 1330 AM Findlay 9-10 AM
    WEDI 1130 AM Eaton 7-8 AM
    * WLOH 1320 AM Lancaster 6-7 AM
    WIMA 1150 AM Lima 6-7 AM
    WVXG 95.1 FM Marion 7-8 AM
    WQTT 1270 AM Marysville 6-7 AM
    WNDH 103.1 FM Napoleon 5-6 AM
    WPCR Portclintonradio.com 8-9 AM
    WNXT 1260 AM Portsmouth 5-6 AM
    WLEC 1450 AM Sandusky 6-7 AM
    WSPD 1370 AM Toledo 5-6 AM
    WWVA 1170 AM Wheeling, WV 11-12 AM
    WKFI 1090 AM Wilmington 7-8 AM
    WBZI 1500 AM Xenia 7-8 AM
    WKBN 570 AM Youngstown 6-7 AM

Looks like coverage across the state to me.

9. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

"Cincy radios can easily tune to Xenia"

WBZI 1500 AM Xenia...........

I tried 1500 WBZI with no success both on home radio and car radio, the bleed over from more powerful local stations just killed the signal. In addition, all the hills down here just make it so very difficult to tune in stations any distance away. There are many stations here in the tri-state area that equal or surpass WBZI wattage that have absolute dead zones where reception is not possible. In fact, the WBZI website has a map of its broadcast coverage and they show no coverage of the Cincinnati area. They do not even make it to Middletown via this link. http://www.myclassiccountry.com/WBZI/

My original point was made regarding the population centers. It would be better for residents of the three C's (Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati) to have a local station promoting our sport. If this were the case more listeners would be on board as opposed to consumers trying to tune in fringe stations.

So I respectfully disagree with your statement that the show has statewide coverage.

doc

10. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Hi Docbombay

I came across the bridge from KY this morning and could hear Lima and Xenia.

Shake some cobwebs out of the wallet and get an antenna. My Buick Park radio was up to the job.

You can also get Dan's shows on the internet but if you can't afford a better radio then I suppose the computer is out of the question.

Thanks for your positive input....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.