1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn Missouri Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tad houston, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Have you heard that the Missouri Legislature has before it a Resolution to make Trap Shooting an Official (MSHSAA)High School Sport?

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' salign='l' flashvars='&titleAvailable=true&playerAvailable=true&searchAvailable=false&shareFlag=N&singleURL=http://kplr.vidcms.trb.com/alfresco/service/edge/content/67e6e2d1-b1c1-44b5-9a7d-8fbe8067eb2d&propName=kplr.com&hostURL=http://www.kplr11.com&swfPath=http://kplr.vid.trb.com/player/&omAccount=tribglobal&omnitureServer=kplr11.com' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' menu='true' name='PaperVideoTest' bgcolor='#ffffff' devicefont='false' wmode='transparent' scale='showall' loop='true' play='true' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' quality='high' src='http://kplr.vid.trb.com/player/PaperVideoTest.swf' align='middle' height='450' width='300'></embed>

Please let your elected Representatives know that you support this !

2. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Cool, there ia hope.

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

After approving a conditional use permit for the Young Guns and other school-age kids to have a trap/skeet/ sporting clays facility near the airport in Marthasville Mo. I presented the Warren Co. Comissioners with a preliminary copy of this bill and told them that they were just slightly ahead of their time. They "Beamed with Pride" as I reinforced their decision to allow a shooting facility back in their county. ( Sometimes you have to lay it on a bit thick.) The construction will begin if the "Global Warming" ever breaks.........merlyn

4. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

5. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Darn if we don't watch it Missouri may become the last stronghold of once we once new as America....

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Southwest High School trap team (Washburn, MO) was recently honored with an Achievement Award at the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame. What a great bunch of young shooters.

7. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

To the top again for youth shooters, and for the State of Missouri to hopefully support them as well!!!!!

8. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Yoda, didn't you mean that they cant ALL be bad?

ttt for the school team idea.

Bob

9. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Thanks for all the support!

I can tell you that these kids put in LOTS of hours and a good chunk of their Summer to participate in this sport. In our case it is pretty much year round with only a few weeks off after the Grand before we are back at Linn Creek in September. Then we start up our local High School league in October. There are not many High School Sports that demand this level of dedication.

And the video covers many of the other benefits of participation in Trap, I would only add that participating in registered shoots has exposed our kids to some great folks!

Locally we get great support from the school but if Trap is recognized as an official MSHSAA sport there will be more opportunities for us, and I am sure many other teams.

I know our local High School shoots we put on are now attracting up to 100 kids and more than a dozen schools, much of this growth in just the last couple of years. I am certain that making it a "recognized" sport will only accelerate this trend.

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for posting the video with the ability to "send" for us computer ignorami! I already have plans rolling around in my head to promote such a thing. Dave

11. merlynstrapguns

Without the young, the sport dies a slow death. Lets see how many states can get "on the horse and ride"!!!..............merlyn

12. merlynstrapguns

ttt for a good cause

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You can give a lot of credit for the success of youth shooting to the Missouri Trapshooting Association and how their homegrounds is organized. In Missouri it is all for the kids and everybody benefits. Great youth program.

14. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Merlyn,

Good job!

Glad to hear some good news about shooting, particularly in Warren Co.

Still in the Rio Grande Valley for a couple of more weeks.

ed.

See you in a couple of weeks

15. merlynstrapguns

Ed; I will leave for Tucson this Sat (20th) and return the 3rd of March. I need a little relief from this damn never-ending "global-warming".....merlyn..see you then........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.