Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attn: MIA

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Hitapair 
#1 ·
Thanks for the "pitch" on the Beretta 303 DU gun. It is greatly appreciated.
Can you help me with posting photos of guns on this site? I have been reading the accolades and apparently "you are da man". Congrats! Thankyou for the time.

map

#2 ·
Of course. anytime. Send them via attachemnt to my email. Include a full gun view, and both sides of the receiver view. And I am just one of meany that are williking to post your pics. Jus tlet us know whne the gun sells so we can nix ourppics as they take up space on our "bucket"

The finish story on that DU 303 I bought is this. A buddy and I were snowmobiling in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Adn on ory way home stopped at some local dive for a burger and a beer. Prob a Friday as we liked to sled without the crowd. It was late 80s. well, in this same area we were parked we were just right along a sports store that said "GUNS" on the outside. I walked in and this fellow had this DU 303 in the rack and I asked to see it. Ont he gun was a story of the DU provenance and a comment as to what the gun was worth. (Higher than what I thought). Being a DU dinner gun owner (40th Model 37) I knew a bit about how these guns valued after they woere purchased in a half-stupor (from first hand knowledge) and the note said that he wanted his money out of the gun and that he would award the gun to the highest bidder wehn th auction (of sorts) ended. Well, I called him out on that statement and said that if I bid on the gun it would be nothing more than a "sucker bet" and he said "no" and "try me". I thought for a second and then said some half price number of the valuation and he said, "Fine" the gun is yours". I pony-ed up the cash and walkd out with the gun. Back in those days I did by phone what I now do wit the internet. Buy and sell as I find values. I doubled my money on that gun in about a month. I got about what you are asking fo ryour 303.

#3 ·
Jack's comment about the "stupor" brings back fond memories of when our chapter sold the SX-1 DU gun. A local realtor had imbibed to the point where he didn't know his ass from 1st base. It was sold by live auction and one of the spotters kept putting him in and when it was all done he had the final bid at $3200. They called him up front to recognize him for his generous bid and when he got up front he said "What did I win, what did I win?!!" He was calling all over town the next day trying to sell the gun and recup some of his money. At that time the DU banquet was the social event of the year and he like many, didn't even hunt, he was just there for a good time.

#4 ·
Hit. Those stories abound form DU auctions. My bro bought a basic BPS dinner gun for aobut $1800 and took it to th eblind the next day. It had Illinois River "Springhole" mud all over it after one hunt. Bro owns the "Springhole" A famous spot that is part of Senachwine Lake that was once the center piece of the Sears Roebuck hunting estate. Bro bought the whole shootin grounds in the late 70s. Lots o ducks died in the "Springhole"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.