1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn... Keybear

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dove Commander, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Have a few questions about the Seitz. Had about 3 "no fires" today. Do you have to snap them shut to set the trigger? Dirty trigger?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Sent you an e-mail

KEYBEAR

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

the email address is you have is for my office. I'm at home, try jmrlke@bright.net

thanks

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

keybear, i just picked up a set of ITT night vision googles you can borrow for shootoffs. lol

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Thanks, I fiqured it was a "user error thing". gonna play with it today again.

No soreness this morning, except for my elbows from opening and closing the gun 200+ time in 2 hours. Gun weighs 10.6 pounds. A bit of a workout.

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Shot another 200 today, and have no shoulder problem. Not even sore. Kind of amazing. Shot 100 16's in practice. Real close (99/100). 27 yard will take some work. The gun is quite a bit heavier than the K-80 or MX-8. but still happy w/ it so far.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dove commander

Good job on the 200 was it 200 straight just wondered.

Fog

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Fog, I wish it was 200/200! No, this was just practice on 16's and 27's w/a new Seitz gun. Trying to get it "set up" right for both yardages. My last 25 on 16's was with a pretty high setting and shot over one.

I think I will be fighting the weight of this gun till I get use to it, and I'm just plain rusty too. Haven't shot 27 yards for 3 years.

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Keybear, The return spring for the trigger guard on the Seitz must be weak. It rattles and can be slid back and forth w/ ease. It doesn't affect opening the gun, just a nuisence. Can I fix that myself? I can call Seitz tomorrow and get a manual, but I've obviously have never dismantled a Seitz trigger before.

Your thoughts? Shot it again today at a local 75 bird shoot (16,20,23yds), but had it shooting too low. Broke a 69.

Did you shoot today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.