1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Attn: Joe Potasky !!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Active Member

Hi : Joe
    Did you read the London Free Press, London,On.Canada. The front page.
    Of today's paper. Firearm registration report.

Joe Woods/Ontario
  2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

3. hera200

hera200 Member

Missed the registration report on the front page of the free press. What did it say? THANKS......BUD
  4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

Here is a link to the story ... Bill Malcolm

http://blogs.canoe.ca/lilleyspad/contributor-columns/column-gunter-provinces-enact-shadow-gun-registry/
  5. JACK

JACK Active Member

YOu guys are aware that we have this in the states... right?
  6. Shawn

Shawn TS Member

Bill
    Thanks for the link.

I have a question about crossing the border with guns.

I have my form 6 so I am good to go south.

What about when coming back to Canada.

Is the registration card for the gun all I need to show even though the registry is dead?

What about guns acquired after the registry ends?

Do we need to stop at Canadian Customs on the way south to do some additional paperwork?

If anyone knows please enlighten me. It will soon be time to start to travell.

Thanks

Shawn
  7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

For Canadians that don't follow my site, I post Canadian news at this link.

http://www.losttarget.com/#CANADA

-----------------

RE: What about when coming back to Canada.

7. Residents importing goods that were previously exported from Canada, can ask the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) staff to document their firearms, on Form BSF407, Identification of Articles for Temporary Exportation, before leaving the country. The BSF407 can be used to identify the goods as having been previously exported from Canada to ensure they aren’t subject to duties or taxes. The information recorded on the BSF407 will include specific details about the goods, including make, model, serial number or other identifying information.
  8. Beretta687EELL

Well, depends on who you "talk" to Shawn. I shot in NY a month or so ago. We went into Canada Customs on the way home and I got a new "green card" for my Kolar. The customs people didn't really want to bother, they said that the registration slip would be enough proof. Soooo, suit yourself. It might be better to get the new card as opposed to having an issue later. Some of the guys here still have the old cards that they got prior to the registration system coming into effect. Bill Malcolm
  9. Beretta687EELL

Jack, We have a federal government issued license that "allows" us to purchase firearms. The retailer only needs to check that it isn't expired or if they have a concern, they should be able to check for other details with the feds. We were badly burned with this registration system in Canada. For many of us firearms owners it has caused us to no longer trust government or police and many polls up here are indicating that. Almost weekly, we see cases of government officials and police trampling our rights as property (legal gun) owners. The cost of having legal property returned and facing resulting harassment very quickly escalates. Bill Malcolm
  10. Shawn

Shawn TS Member

Thanks for the replies. They were helpful.

Shawn
  11. hera200

hera200 Member

RE: THe back door shadow registry of long guns forced upon firearms dealers by provincial CFO'S (chief firearms officers of individual provinces), Vic Toes has stated today that any CFO trying to enforce this action as stated in their letters sent to the dealers is in violation of federal law and should cease immediately. In most provinces, the CFO's are federally appointed and the feds can enforce this quickly but in Ontario and I'm not sure, but maybe NEW BRUNSWICK as well as one other province, the CFO's are provincially appointed so I'm not sure how that will play out. And yes, this back-door registry technique has been in effect in the states for a long time always just for the use of the dealers personal records. S-U-R-E--Except you may have noticed that the Feds in ALASKA have just recently begun to demand these records or copies thereof from the FFL dealers and a battle over this is just beginning. I believe, without a doubt. that we would encounter eventual forced access to dealer records here in CANADA if this latest ploy by the provinces were to be allowed. We here in CANADA must let our Members of parliament know that we appreciate the minister of public safetie's recent posistion and raise hell with any provincial reps who think "SHADOW REGISTRATION" is an acceptable idea! LATER-------BUD
  12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Active Member

Thankyou Joe & Bill: A little in London Free Press today. Response from minister Vic Toews And Toronto lawyer Ed Burlew, I think. Small articles.

Potosky, I apologize for my spelling. I got the first name right.

Joe Woods/Ontario
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.