1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn. Joe Kuhn or Tron

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I remember the Barrakuhna was based on an older model Rem auto...a guy I lent some money to gave me the same model gun in lieu. The gun is pretty beat-up and not worth spending too much money on, but I can get a 1100/11-87 trap stock reasonably cheap. Will it go on the gun, and I seem to remember some shims are needed for the stock bolt (or something like that)? Any help appreciated. Kind Regards-Graham Hunter.

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Joe is on vacation if it takes a bit of time to get a response...

Joe's Secretary... (lol)

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

All Remington shotgun pump and auto stocks from the Model 58/870/1100/11-87 can either easily be fitted or just screw on..with little or no work.. I have a 20" drill bit to drill the recoil tube if the stock hole is not large enough.. You might also need a washer/spacer depending on model... None of this is difficult.. The 1100/11-87 stocks are interchangable..

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

PBB is correct. Some minor modification at the most. If you need spacers, just us 1/2" PVC connectors that you can find at any hardware store.

Joe started off with an 870 pump and then switched to a Model 58 and everything just bolted right on. The 58 is just an auto version of the 870 and many of the parts interchange.....but the 58 is a completely different animal than the 1100. Personally, I like 58's and find them to be one of the best pointing autos ever (I'm pictured with my old 20ga 58 Skeet gun on my website) but you really need to keep up on them with the cleaning. Also, they are not one of the autos that you should shoot "wet" being that their piston is internal (inside of the receiver tube) and gunk just builds up.

5. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Mike and Tron, I contacted Joe a fair while ago about his gun, and knew it was mod 54 or 58 but was too lazy to drag it's ass out of my safe to check. I know Tron recommended it to Joe on the basis of it's soft shooting. I decided not to bother with it, but my circumstances have changed somewhat. With a son due later this year, a soft-shooting Remmy with trap stock in the gunsafe is no longer a complete waste of money. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.