1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

attn: Blizzard

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

any word on the #9 shot you had at the club?

Ian

kolarskeet@gmail.com

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

hi skeet,

we were supposed to have a directors meeting last nite, 2/28, where i was going to get approval from the other guys but the meeting was cancelled. we have our blizzard league on sat. and our intramural on sun. so when i see the other officers and directors i'll throw the idea of selling to you out there. counted 7 bags last sun. i'm sure that there all still there. there's 6 bags of eagle and one bag of lawrence that's been there so long that the smithsonian is probably interested in it. i'll let you know when i do. how'd you make out with the mazadooboo?

brett d.

3. skeet_man

brett- sounds like a plan.

Mazda is still rolling (for now), had to have a new bearing installed sunday, we'll see how long that lasts. Pepboys tried to sell me ALOT of stuff, new steering knuckle, upper and lower control arm, ball joint, tie rod, rotors and brakes, basically the whole shebang on the driverside, i'm figuring they were trying to make the most they could off of me (all told, it would have been close to a grand for everything they wanted to do to it), especially when the guy said the brakes needed to be replaced due to uneven wear, and I go "thats funny, they were changed yesterday", they had 3 miles on them when I rolled into pepboys. The bearing sounds like its wearing through already, so maybe it actually does need a knuckle, guy said i'd let the bearing go too long (10 miles is too long?) and that ruined the knuckle, i figure i'd chance it and see how the new bearing went, if it died too and i actually needed a new knuckle, another new bearing would only be $40, not enough to try to save by replacing the knuckle if it didn't need it.

4. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Skeet_man
    I'm not proud of this but, I ran a wheel bearing so long after it had gone out that it ground down the outer edge on the inside of the brake rotor. It didn't cause any problems with the tie-rod end or the lower ball joint. I had the front end re-aligned right after I put the new bearing in and ran great for at least another 80,000 miles. Your new bearing shouldn't be making any noise at all, unless Pepboys boogered it up when they installed it. Forgive me for butting in on your conversation.

Rem31TC

5. skeet_man

Rem- No problem, thanks for the info. Now that you say that about the bearing, i'm almost wondering if they didn't mess up installing it. The guy said it wore the knuckle (out of round?), so the bearing was moving inside the knuckle. I'm starting to get that grinding noise back alittle, sounds almost like the tire is rubbing, seems to disappear at higher speeds, only noticible @ about 20mph. Theres a friend though the gun club that works on cars, hopefully i'll be able to have him look at it and tell me what it REALLY needs, instead of what will provide him the most profit like i think pepboys was doing.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Ian,

e-mail me about your mazda. i have a direction i think you should go if it's possible for you. xxxbdkruger@rochester.rr.comxxx

brett d.

p.s. don't pepboys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.