1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Atterbury Shooting Range

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dark Horse, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

There has been a rumor that Atterbury Shooting Range Will have another Registered shoot Sept. 30, 2007.

Please let me put this to rest once and for all. There will NOT be a registered shoot on that day.

The next Registered shoot dates will be October 14, 2007 and November 11, 2007. The ATA WEBSITE IS WRONG and I have in my possession the paperwork showing the confirmation of ALL the upcoming dates.

Thank You,

Mark Burgess

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Up for Mark

3. rip

rip TS Member

UP!
    Thanks Mark.
    RIP

4. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I do hope they adjust their prices,23.00 per hundred is a little steep compared to other clubs .

5. Jason B

Jason B Member

Thanks for posting that Mark, I was actually going to be able to make it on the 30th, guess I need to find someplace else that day.

Did anybody shoot the first ATA shoot at Atterbury a couple of weeks ago?? How did it go?? Any results or note-worthy scores to report??

6. rip

rip TS Member

7. 320090T

$23 per 100 is a dollar more than some of the surrounding clubs and two for others. I don't know the financial arrangement the club has with the state of Indiana but maybe it is the reason the price is where it's at. The first shoot went great, targets were set well, facility was clean, and I thought all went well for a first shoot. There was a 100 straight in 16's, sorry I can't remember the shooters name. There was a 97 in doubles too. I listened to the shooters making suggestions and the three I heard were: Use all four traps, cut the scrub trees from the hillside, and use New York orange targets rather than all orange. One thing I noticed, there is no kitchen!

8. rip

rip TS Member

9. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

320090t ' columbus @19.00 per hundred, brushcreek @16.00 and coffee creek @16.00 sure sounds like more than a dollar to me..

10. 320090T

Kingens 22, Wallace 22, Roachdale 21, There ya go.

11. rwm12

rwm12 Member

Vincennes Gun Club, 12cent targets, next registered shoot October 14th and 21st.

12. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

rwm12, you guys at vincennes doing any marthons??

13. rip

rip TS Member

^^^^

14. rwm12

rwm12 Member

HARPO, not at this time. Program is 50 pair Doubles first, 100 l6's and l00 handicap targets, start time 8:30 central time.

15. rip

rip TS Member

Bob McClure,
    Thanks for stealing this thread to advertise your club and pricing your targets. I am sure you will benefit from it.

RIP

16. rip

rip TS Member

3200/90t
    Thanks for coming to the first shoot and helping scoring. We are trying to find other oportunities for not having a kitchen. We have a lunch planned for our Oct. 14th shoot and hope all can make it. All monies for the lunch will be donated to the club for scorers benches. Thanks to all and hope to see you there.
    RIP

17. rwm12

rwm12 Member

RIP, shoot at Vincennes when you can, after Noverember 4th we will be on the same time, next year our time zones should be a lot better. Some of our members are wanting to come up to Atterbury, keep up the good work.

18. A201

A201 TS Member

I have heard that the people that drive a $30,000 truck and shoot a $10,000 gun have no reason to complain about $23 targets. That's why it will be a while before you see me at that club. But maybe if I drive a Yugo and shoot a model 37 perhaps they will let me shoot for less, I forgot to ask.

19. A201

A201 TS Member

I have heard that the people that drive a $30,000 truck and shoot a $10,000 gun have no reason to complain about $23 targets. That's why it will be a while before you see me at that club. But maybe if I drive a Yugo and shoot a model 37 perhaps they will let me shoot for less, I forgot to ask.

20. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

It has been brought to our attention that the price of our targets (entry fee) is slightly more than some of the other clubs around us. Just like the other clubs in this area, our expenses (the cost of doing business) are going up all the time. The cost of targets, utilities, insurance, labor cost, postage, etc., all have gone up or has been greater that originally anticipated. Supplies and Trap help needed to conduct a Registered shoot, simply cost more than throwing practice targets.

We here at the Atterbury Shooting Range, are not unsympathetic to the plight of those Trapshooters who are having troubles meeting payments on their favorite Kolar, Gold Seitz, or Krieghoff shotgun. Even those who can only afford a Ljutic or Perazzi; please bring your situation to the attention of our staff. We do not want to exclude anyone who would like to come out and enjoy our new, “state of the art” four-month-old facility, because of our target prices.

Please, do not be afraid to come to our second ATA Registered Trap Shoot on Sunday, the 14th of October, 2007 Our staff will be working hard to provide all shooters and their families to an enjoyable Autumn day at the newest shooting range in Indiana.

Lunch will be provided, thanks to a generous Trapshooter and his lovely wife, Mr. & Mrs. Gerry Rippy. We will be asking for your donations to help defray their cost and fund the purchase of scoring and shooters benches for the Range.

(A PERSONAL NOTE TO Mr. a201) I will personally appoint a “Blue Ribbon” committee (we will call it our “Pabst Blue Ribbon” Committee) to look into your financial dilemma to see if we can set up a payment schedule or even set out a coffee can with your name and picture on it, for donations to your worthy cause. Please, Mr. a201, be assured Trapshooters are a usually generous bunch and we will not let you or your family go hungry this winter, because of out target prices.

We might even collect enough money to help with the maintenance cost of Mr.a201’s Yugo. I understand it, his Yugo needs a new set of tires and will need the heater fixed before Winter sets in.

Thank You
    Mark Burgess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.