1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!!!!!ATTENTION WYOMING SHOOTERS!!!! updated

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Please pass this around and post at trap clubs, I am also going to post on ts.com

I emailed Kathy Key and told her to give all the Wyoming shooters on the list their full 2 yards. I spot checked the ATA website and I think that everyone on my list made the ATA shooter info site with their potential new yardage listed. Also give Kathy Key some time she is a great employee but is having to do most of this by hand and as such is swamped but working on it as fast as she can.

This is the link to the form for refusing the reduction http://shootata.com/ATA_Forms/yardage_reduction.html for those that wish to do so. In any case if you accept the 2 yard reduction you CANNOT shoot it til you have your new card in hand. Anyone with questions call my cell 307-630-6362 or Jim Butler 307-689-1793.

Jim and I both looked the list over but there was not enough data on the print out to judge so we let them all go through. Let either of us know if you have any problems.

Good luck and shoot well Phil

2. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Phil has this turned out the way you imagined it? Our delegate told me he has no idea how the EC determined yards off, he said that he had "NO" useable info from the EC. I think you did right everyone in the country should get two yards off, free is always better.

But honestly I know this is going to be a big mess. Brad

3. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Brad, I heard you tell Leo "free isn't always the cheapest" just before he switched from Challenger shells to Federal.

Sometimes your advice is too good!

Barry Kemper

4. Phil Kiner

We should have never let Leo have those Federal shells

Brad this is going to be interesting

I do hope it works

5. Phil Kiner

Do any Wyoming shooters have their new card in hand yet??

6. Phil Kiner

Any Wyoming shooter that recieves his/her new card would you please let me know. Thanks Phil email pkiner@philkiner.com

7. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Phil I talked to Bubba in Fla. and he said that Taylor told him to go by the computor at next week's shoot, no card needed. I guess so much for delegates and handicap committee's need for imput, just another couples of ATA rules violated by the All Knowing , All seeing. Brad

PS, I would think disbanding the handicap committee and Bod would be next.

8. Phil Kiner

Brad- I was told that no one could shoot their new yardage without a card. Perhaps they had to suspend that because Kathy has so many to do and it could not happen for the Dixie. Let's hope that is the reason.

This is going to be an interesting year for the BOD.

I hate it when you are right so let's see what happens next and hope you're wrong.

I still would like to know when a Wyomingite gets new card. Thanks Phil

9. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Phil, I wouldn't bet against me being wrong, haven't been yet. Call me and I fill you in on some things I've found out since we last talked. Brad

10. Phil Kiner

One of the Wyoming guys called me from AZ yesterday and he and his son both received their new card in the mail.

He also told me that at Tucson they were told to use the computer data base if someone did not have their new card in hand and they were going to take the reduction.

Glad to see that because at least if shooters want it they don't get penalized because they left home before it showed up.

11. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Received my card with 2 yd. reduction today. I live in a very rural area of western MN.

12. Phil Kiner

13. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Which rules were violated?

"Phil I talked to Bubba in Fla. and he said that Taylor told him to go by the computor at next week's shoot, no card needed. I guess so much for delegates and handicap committee's need for imput, just another couples of ATA rules violated by the All Knowing , All seeing. Brad"

Isn't there a rule that says the card is not needed if the info is on the ATA computer and a CHC or Delegate approves?

Scott

14. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Scott, don't confuse Brad with facts. If it isn't slamming the ATA he ain't interested.

jim brown

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Scott,

The Rule is Rule VI, F, 1, 2nd sentence:

"The ATA Shooter Information Center may be used as evidence of a reduction with verification by a member of the Central Handicap Committee, a voting member of the Executive Committee or the shooters State or Provincial Delegate."

According to Kathy, all of the Delegate reviews were taken care of and any changes that they wanted to make were input by the end of last week. Thus the information that is shown on the SIC reflects "Delegate approval." So all that is required is for the shooter to accept or reject the offer.

16. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Jim all I read was how you had to have a paper card in hand, Terry Deans first comments, V10, everyone who blindly sings the ATA's song stated as much. How could any delegate go over any reductions when they reseived no info before hand. Kiner rightly turned his guys loose. Our Ohio delegate has over 1600 shooters to review, of course if your from a state like Road Island with 56 shooters it's no big deal, but Clyde tried to do it right, he didn't have time to go over everyone before they went to Fla. So come of the BS that your full of.

Your supporting a dictatorial EC, you sound like a damn Obama applogist. I feel sorry for you that your blind loyality to the ATA will only leed to disapoitment, can you honestly tell me what the EC has done right in the last 10 years. What would you say are their greatest accomplishments.
    ? How have they promoted trap shooting?

By there own statements, 49% of paid members don't shoot any reg targets, the grand is half as big as it was 10 years ago, they've overseen the number of reg targets shot drop by 30% since 2002, the ATA has went from owning property to a renter status. What good have they done to make me like them, they have killed the sport I loved, and you have the gall to question me and my motives.

Brad

17. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Brad, I don't have the slightest idea why you are so bitter toward the ATA. I do know that shooting registered ATA targets has contributed to the success you have enjoyed in life. I have shot registered ATA targets for about 40 years without enjoying nearly the success you have but never the less I am very appreciaiive of the people who have donated their time and resources to the organization. There have been times when I did not agree with some of their decisions or actions. Some times I have made the people who represent me in the ATA aware of my disproval but I hope I have always done it in the manner of a gentleman. I have always remembered that they take from their personal time and resources to keep the sport I enjoy going. I sincerely wish you would see that your mean spirited attacks on the ATA and it's volunteers is damaging to the sport and does not reflect well on you.

To answer your question, YES I have the gall to question you and your motives. I am a life member, and as such I am an owner of the ATA and entitled to defend it against detractors. Any success you have had in shooting certainly doesn't make your opinions or actions any more valid than mine.

jim brown

18. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Jim Brown your opinion you are welcome too, but you failed to tell me why I should blindly allow someone to destroy the sport that has been good to me. Blind loylaty to any organization is foolish.

Blaming me for the ATA's ills and saying I'm damning to the sport is another matter. The only shoots in the country that have stayed the same or grown in the past 5 years has been shoots at the Cardinal Center. I have proudly been on the OSTA board for 7 years, the tournament director of the Ohio State shoot for 5 years doing it FREE the first year and for $1000 a year sinse, a far cry from the 35,000 dollars that Hampton gets for doing the same thing at the grand, plus he shoots every target I have shot about 5 hundred in 7 years at the state shoot as I have been to busy doing my job to shoot and how you can shoot and tournament direct is a JOKE. Gentelman is not how I refer to you. You never answered one of my questions about the ATA's handling of the 2 yard reduction. I

I'm glad you have the GALL, but I think your opinions are a joke. I don't know how much experience you have running shoots, but I do and I talk to many shooters at all of them. Why do you think the ATA is down to under 20,000 shooters, they just quit because they are sick of the ATA like I am, but I'm not going away, Insult away, Don't Care my goal is to have someone chewing on the EC's rear at every shoot they go to so maybe they will quit, even if they get paid to go. Brad

19. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Jim Brown, "To answer your question, YES I have the gall to question you and your motives. I am a life member, and as such I am an owner of the ATA and entitled to defend it against detractors." Life members are no longer owners of the ATA. This changed several years ago. JRM

20. Rock41

Rock41 TS Member

Got my new card this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.