1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATTENTION VETERANS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by webman, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webman

webman TS Member

I just learned of a bill that passed with regards to saluting the American Flag.
    The last I knew you had to be in uniform to salute the flag. I would like to see more veterans saluting the flag at the shoots that play the national anthem. here is the statement I read online and also in our local newspaper.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007
    Saluting the American Flag While Not In Uniform

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Oklahoma) today praised the passage by unanimous consent of his bill (S.1877) clarifying U.S. law to allow veterans and servicemen not in uniform to salute the flag.

Current law (US Code Title 4, Chapter 1) states that veterans and servicemen not in uniform should place their hand over their heart without clarifying whether they can or should salute the flag.

"The salute is a form of honor and respect, representing pride in one's military service," Senator Inhofe said. "Veterans and service members continue representing the military services even when not in uniform.

"Unfortunately, current U.S. law leaves confusion as to whether veterans and service members out of uniform can or should salute the flag.

My legislation will clarify this regulation, allowing veterans and servicemen alike to salute the flag, whether they are in uniform or not.

"I look forward to seeing those who have served saluting proudly at baseball games, parades, and formal events. I believe this is an appropriate way to honor and recognize the 25 million veterans in the United States who have served in the military and remain as role models to others citizens. Those who are currently serving or have served in the military have earned this right, and their recognition will be an inspiration to others."

This Bill was passed July 25, 2007. Let your veteran friends know about the Passage of this Bill

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I always have and always will and I have not worn my uniform since 1969. The President salutes the flag and he is in civilian clothes.????

3. Rip12

Rip12 TS Member

Thanks for the information! I was not aware of this.
    Semper Fi
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.