1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Attention Ohio Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I need some help from the Ohio trap shooters on this site. I want to collect and publish an inventory of all the trap clubs in the state. I want to know about any place that throws american trap out of a house. One trap clubs, two trap clubs, all the way to Cardinal Center.

If I could get one shooter from every county in Ohio to provide me the names of the trap clubs in their county I think I can get it done. I'm constantly getting requests from new shooters and interested non shooters about clubs in their area and I have to send them to another shooter close to them for the answer. I don't like not having the answer myself so I'm trying to inventory ALL trap clubs in the state.

I will try to get the OSTA to put each clubs info, by county, in the gun club book that we put out and on the OSTA web page. It doesn't matter if the clubs shoot ATA or not, I want to know about TRAPSHOOTING clubs in Ohio.

It would be nice to have and address and contact info for every club too, but first let's just figure out how many clubs in Ohio we have. Help me out if you can Ohio. My e-mail is dysinger@metalink.net But it would also be nice to put the info on trapshooters.com so everyone can see it right now.

Brad Dysinger OSTA vice-president
  2. tweety1

tweety1 Member

We have 3 in Williams County. Williams County Gun Club, Montpelier, Ohio, contact Mary Jane and Johnny Heisler, West Unity Sportsmans Club, contact Terry or Bill Mavis, and the Stryker Sportsmans Club, don't know contact but Steve Snyder would have the answer there. Can find out more and send to you. Good idea Brad.
  3. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I've already had responses from a couple of counties. Please keep sending or posting your info. I'll be away from my computer till Monday so I'm not ignoring you I'm going shooting at Middletown. Thanks for the interest. I hope I'll hear from every trap club in Ohio in time. Brad
  4. Harold T. Pack

Harold T. Pack Member

Claytargetsonline.com has listings of almost every place per state to shoot.
  5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Brad, here in Wyandot Co. we have the Carey Conservation club, 2 trap houses. My favorites in my area are Fostoria United Sportsmens in Fostoria, Ohio and Mt Blanchard Gun Club in Mt. Blanchard, Ohio.
    Doug Allison
  6. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

Greene County Fish and Game has 4 traps. The plans are in the works to buy 3 new traps in the very near future, to replace worn traps. We are doing this so we can throw the best targets possible for the shooters. The club throws registered and practice targets on Thursdays at 4:30 and Sundays starting at 11:30. Calcuttas each day.
  7. motordoctor

motordoctor my new wife and me Staff Member

you guys need to put down addresses, phone numbers and contacts along with directions to the club, when they are open and such. I also look forward to this list. motordoc
  8. Mid-State Gun Club

Mid-State Gun Club TS Member

Brad, Mid-State Gun Club Clarksburg Ohio Ross County also Perry county Gun Club
    in Somerset ohio 740-405-1130 Thanks for the effort Mark
  9. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Member

Brad Auglaize County has 4 trapshooting clubs. They are Moulton Gun Club 6 traps, New Bremen Rod & Gun Club 4 traps, Western Ohio Fish & Game 3 traps, New Knoxville, Gun & Rifle Club 1 trap.
    Dave Berlet
  10. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Brad: In the great area known as Fulton County Ohio-One of the 88 counties within Ohio we have 2 trap clubs-Fulton County Sportmen's club in Wauseon, Ohio which has three traps. In the neighboring town of Delta, Ohio we have the Izaak Walton League with two traps. Neither club throws registered ATA targets but both clubs are very active. Good idea on gathering this info, Thanks for the time, Roger
  11. Setterman

Setterman Active Member

Henry County: 4 traps at Maumee Valley Conservation Club (1.5 mile east of St.Rt 108 on Co Rd L, 3 mile south of Napoleon, Ohio), and we shoot 5 stand, skeet, and practice trap on Wednesday night. Plus we shoot a 50 bird program on the 3rd and 5th Sunday. We start our Winter trap league on the first Wednesday night of November. Also have the Henry County Conservation Club North of Liberty Center(on U-8??, 1.5 mile East of 109), with 2 traps and they shoot a 50 bird program on the first Sunday of every month.
  12. Tim

Tim TS Member

Brad, It was good to see you and Ann at Middletown today! Good luck on your writing endeavor with the magazine. If your publication was looking for a trapshooter who has the gift-of-gab, they certainly selected the right man for the job. Take care!
    Tim Hunsaker
  13. DAS

DAS TS Member

Brad, My scanner is not working, so I put the article about the 1956 Grand in the mail tonight.
    Thanks, Dave Schock
  14. Chris_H

Chris_H TS Member

Lorain County has Sportsmen's Gun and Reel Club. 4 traps and we throw ATA targets
  15. Robb

Robb Member

John Webb's Trap Club
    6891 Vanniman Rd.
    Sabina Ohio 45169

Two trap fields
  16. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Thanks everyone this is going to take some time to get done but all the info I've gotten so far so fast makes me think it can happen. I was asking everyone at Middletown how many clubs they thought Ohio has. Since Ohio has 88 counties i would think we'd have at least that many trap clubs. I don't know if all the eastern counties and southern counties have clubs or not. It will be easier for me to find out about the western half of the state. I really need help with eastern Ohio as it's been thirty years since Ann and I lived in Wayne County. Thanks again everyone, keep sending and posting the info. Brad Dysinger
  17. 458 WM

458 WM TS Member

Washington County, Marietta Gun Club - 8 Trap Fields/All Pat-Traps - 3 lighted fields - 2 Skeet Fields - ATA Targets - 6 miles north of Marietta off St. Rt. 821 onto Gun Club Road - Pocket Knife Shoot this weekend, Saturday and Sunday.

Marty Miller, Vice President
  18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Athens County, Athens Ohio, Athens County Sportsman club, on ENLOW RD 1 trap does not shoot registered,They shoot every Thursday to public and ever wednesday to members Shoot starts at 6:00pm on Thursday

Club also has a Sporting Clays Course I forget how many stations.

Hocking County Ohio Nelsonville Ohio, TRI-COUNTY Gun Club off us route 33 at Turn at DEES Diner on Laurel Run rd go 3 miles club is on the left, sign on tree right side of the road 1 trap shoots every Sunday at Noon.

Brad I will get addressers for you and e-mail them to you this week.

Fairfield County, Airport Gun Club 9 traps, five stand, will be open shortly after they seed the pipeline right-of-way that was installed in front of the traps and club had to close for construction.

Gary Bryant
  19. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

UCOA - Findlay OH...2 trap, non ATA, 2 skeet..Open every Thursday and Friday about 5ish for open shoot, public welcome.
  20. monroesc

monroesc Member

Ashtabula County--farthest to the northeast...
    Monroe Sportsmans Club, Conneaut 4 lighted traps with registered targets
    Conneaut Fish and Game 1 trap
    Ashtabula Rod and Gun 2 traps and 1 skeet
    Rock Creek Conservation Club 1 trap
    Orwell Rod and Gun 2 traps
    That's all I can think of right now because I've actually shot at all of them.

Brad,see you Sunday at our meeting.

Sara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.