1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attention moderators, time to clean house!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jason Hassler, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Attention TS.com moderators, would you please clean some of these idiots off this site. There are several complete morons on here who are taking over every good thread with their petty bickering and chest pounding so real trap shooters have to wade through dumpsters full of garbage to read shooting related stuff. Please restore order and respect to this site by banning these idiots or at least create a romper room for them to poke each other in. Thank you.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with everything the moderators do and don't do but I have the choice of ignoring the posts or leaving the forum. You have the same choices. I run a club and have learned that the trapshooting world is full of idiots, bitchers & complainers and we just have to deal with it. The good folks are far more in numbers than the others

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Jason, have you tried the categories view? It should eliminate some of the problems you are having. Mike,

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Jason,

The moderators take a dim view of people who call other members derogatory names, like "idiot" and "moron." We may not be as smart and witty as you, but there are very few of us who would wade through dumpsters full of garbage to read shooting related stuff. It might be time for you to take a look in the mirror.

Respectfully,

Kit Thomas

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

5% of posters make 95% of the noise. They can't help it. It's like dangling a set of keys in front of a cat.

Been here since the site start up. Eventually they go away only to be replaced by others.

Unless the mods want to waste a lot of time just disregard them. It's their life purpose, have a little tolerance. Think of them as a computer virus. Sitting by their computers, hour after hour, just waiting for a new thread to pollute.

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

It could be worse !! Some here like to agitate others for the simple reason that they can. Always the same ones too. My catagory view is everything, I don`t switch so I chose what topic I read or open as well as who starts it. Some I don`t open simply because of who started the thread. Thats my choice here. Others high jack other threads which I think is just crude or they say what they think the item in question is worth whether it is or isn`t. Thats just in their mind. These people should just read and keep their opinions to themselves.

7. rdland

rdland TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree with Jerry944t and Ljutic111. I am fairly new to trap shooting and have got a lot of great information off of this site. Posts on some of the threads sometimes get way off topic, evolve into arguments and can be annoying if you let those few posts bother you. I skip over the irrelevant postings to the posts that have good information.

There are very many knowledgeable, experienced and helpful shooters on this site that have some great information to share. Unfortunately, a very few abuse the privilege of posting on this site. I simply ignore those posts. Some people post statements electronically to others that they would never say face to face. This is a reality that is virtually impossible to eliminate. As was stated earlier on this thread, if those that did make annoying posts were somehow kicked off this site, they would simply be replaced with others.

I have viewed other sites that were much worse.

8. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

Jason i agree with you 100% but we must take the good with the bad many posters hide behind a mouse and a sign on name they are a sad bunch and have no life. bob mctaggart

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

If and when a moderator pulls a thread, why don't they PM the maker of the post and let them know what they did and why? Moderators names oughta be posted for all to see, like on other sites. No need to be secretive about it.

GneJ

10. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

I've got no problem with a good heated debate in fact sometimes it helps spice things up and keep it interesting but these individuals who hijack shooting related threads and start trashing each other is just ridiculous and reflects very poorly on the trapshooting community. There are many new shooters who join this site in search of information and run into some ding-a-ling yelling at another for three days and in two different threads to post his real name and challenging him to their own private grudge match shoot off at the Grand. This website is being turned into a laughing stock in the trap shooting community by these people and if the moderators have the time to kick people off the site for one curse word written in poor taste then they have the time to carve out some of these individuals who are disrupting good threads with their nonsense. I know policing every word written is impossible but there is no reason this behavior should be tolerated by anyone especially when the people responsible are drawing so much attention and are easily singled out. This website is a great resource and should be a welcome mat to new people to the sport but is quickly turning into a big joke and making fools out of us as shooters to the world. I am simply asking for help from those who run this website to limit some of this.

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Jason, The 2 shooters you spoke of that had the so called "grudge match" raised money for a cause, do you have a problem with that?

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

"some of these hair lips"

Why are you making fun of people with disabilities? I have a niece that travels all over the world with Operation Smile. After seeing some of the pictures she has taken of their disabilities they are no joking matter.

This thread should be deleted by your own standards, don't you think?

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I find it amusing how you wish to rid the site of others for things you don't see fitting of a trap forum yet on two separate posts including the OP you use derogatory names to describe others. Then you even stoop to referencing people with physical disabilities in your rants as well. Hmmm, interesting. Better hope the mods don't see you as one of the problems.

14. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

Aprice; Cleft palet,

15. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have a hair lip, and proud of it. Wifey likes my moustache. Been called hair lip many times and never took offense to it, lighten up a bit folks.

GneJ

16. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Well, the only person that can make a fool out of me, is, me!

I think this is a great web site. If I see something I don't want to read I just ignore it. Everyone's welcome to their opinion whether I agree or not.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

17. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

There was some guy on here a few days ago complaining about the leaves from a tree. The nerve of some people!

Ajax

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The good stay, the contributors stay, the bad go, the abusers go. The CRANKY ones in the middle give the forum color. Nothing new here Jason. Other sites pop up with forums, but you usually have to sign away your first born every time you decide to just go read the posts. Perazzi forum is like that. A main reason TS.com is so popular is that David has made it easy for us to poke our nose in and talk anything trap related.

19. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

I must say I really enjoy this site,I do not always agree but thats the FUN part we can agree to disagree ! I have learned so much more about trap guns and shooting them from the site thank you all that have helped me !

20. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

How many times has this been brought up because some guy is unhappy that the site can't be everything he wants it to be. The great thing about T.com is that anything can be discussed. Its fun to start checking threads because they are so diverse. And there's a lot of talent on here that I would miss if there were limits to what could be posted. Put limits is place and watch this site die a quick death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.