1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attention Ljutic owners!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gasman03, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I just bought an older ljutic and some times the shell wont go off. Would you say to replace the firing pin or something else. I was trying reloads and new.

Thanks Corey

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Examine the firing pin to see if it's chipped or broken. If it looks
    Ok, then replace the hammer spring. All else fails, call Ljutic for
    advice.

3. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

Call Ljutic, the have a new design in the firing pin that incooperates a spring to assure the return of the firing pin after the shell fires.

4. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Gasman: spent powder builds up in the firing pin chamber. Remove the firing pin. Take a Q-tip and bend it in a 90 degree angle and clean it out. You may have to use some cleaner to get it out. My Ljutic has problems with Wolfe primers. So I don't use them any more. Birdtracker

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

First take the forearm off then remove trigger assy, remove the pin holding the cocking rod and remove the cocking rod and remove the grease, run a pipe cleaner through the hole and lube with Rem Oil, also check to see if cocking rod is straight and not bent, Reassemble in reverse order, install a new hammer spring, remove firing pin and inspect it and clean out the hole with a q-tip several times until it comes out clean.

Now see how it shoots, Grease on the cocking rod causes a lot of mis-fires.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

My Ljutic has problems with Wolf primers too.

Wayne

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Corey- The problem could be the shells. Make sure the primers are not set too deep. Many guns, including mine, will only shoot 23-24 shells from a box of new Remington Gun Club shells.

Pat Ireland

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I sent you an email! Dr. Longshot is probably on the right track as I had the same problem with a lightly used Lgun 3 years ago. The cocking rod and channel were heavily greased causing very light hits and misfires. I cleaned it out and lightly oiled the rod and never again had misfires with mine! Tom Rhoads

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Also check the firing pin , sometimes it can get a flare when it bottoms out and I took a file to the sides of it, not the firing pin itself, so that it goes thru the hole without binding against the side . Only happened to me once so that cured my miss-firing . I have an extra firing pin but so far haven`t needed to replace it yet .

10. dshot

dshot Member

I have a Ljutic that had the same problem, Ljutic made three longer hammer springs before the problem was corrected.

11. JTEA

JTEA Member

Clean firing pin chamber as above, I have a bent .22 cal. copper brush. MOst likely cleaning and weak spring.

Make sure it's long enough, should be .060 > .063" protruding from face plate. I use a comb spacer washer .060 thick and set it over the face and compare - see if it is equal or taller than the height of the washer. You can drill a small hole in the face of the washer if you want to get a tight comparison. Set it over the pin. If not long enough, you may need a new pin.

Also, the firing pins on older Ljutics (without the floating pin) have a specific shape. Jimmy says they should look like the nose of a B-17 bomber, rounded over in shape.

JT

12. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Fishguts,

I shoot a 5 year old Ljutic mono gun and have been re-loading nothing but Wolf Primers for the last year (probably 7000 rounds) and haven't had one misfire with the Wolf's.

In fact I'm at the point where I almost like them more than the Winchester primers. They're not as hot, and I get less recoil when shooting them.

I wonder why it's just the Wolf primers you have problems with?

13. fishguts

fishguts Member

Bucko43, I don't know why only Wolf primers, and only in my Mono gun. The shell would always go off on the second hit though. And it was always the same hull, Win.AA new style gray hull. I finally shot up the rest of the Wolf primed shells in a M12. I would still use Wolf primers if they were cheaper. I bought 2 sleeves at 87.00 ea. last year...why didn't I buy more?

Wayne

14. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Fishguts,
    It sounds like you might need to replace your hammer spring.

Call Philip Crenweldge at 210-313-5988.

He has hammer springs cheap...I bought 2 from him a couple of months ago.

Kevin

15. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

my gun had a new hammer spring, new updated firing pin, was cleaner than the day it was made, no grease on cocking rod. I was having problems, and loaded the same hulls with Cheddites and no issues in 2,000 shells, but stick a shell in with a Wolfe primer and it won't go off and the first strike looks weak. I will be looking to trade the 5,000 that I have. Birdtracker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic owners