1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attention Kolar T/S Owners

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

Mine has the "A" hanger. As for the rib, mine is the standard height but I know there is a taller one available. I don't know if that makes mine an A or B as I didn't see any letter designation on it.

2. trapper

trapper TS Member

Why don't you ask Kolar?

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

the original poster for whatever reason deleted his question on hanger/rib combinations. I was merely replying to what I had. If he had stuck around, he's the one who should be calling kolar, I have no problem with my setup.

4. Don K8020

Don K8020 TS Member

Until recently, there were two ribs and two hangers available for the Kolar T/S. The two ribs were designated by their height at the muzzle end. One is 3/4" tall, and the other is 5/8" tall. The two hangers have letters stamped on them: "A" and "B". The A hanger is the short hanger and the B hanger is the tall one. The standard combination shipped on most Kolar T/S's to dealers is the 3/4" rib and the A hanger, which gives POI up to about 80-85% (this all according to Kolar).

I talked to John Ramagli at the World Skeet Shoot in San Antonio, asking what rib/hanger combination should I get since I had run out of adjustment room with the A hanger and 3/4 rib that came on my T/S and wanted it to shoot a little higher. He told me they had a brand new rib for the T/S they call the extra high rib or "double windowpane" rib (there are two window cutouts over the false barrel whereas the two original ribs are solid over the false barrel). The new rib is 5/8" tall at the muzzle and is about 1/2" higher where it meets the ramp near the receiver, giving it a stepped rib appearance. John said that with the new rib and the B hanger, the POI was adjustable from about 65 to 110.

I sent my barrel in and had the rib and hanger changed to the new rib and the B hanger, got it back in a week (was charged the exchange rate of $50) and got to shoot it yesterday -- am completely happy with the new rib.

Don Anderson

5. Obsessed Racer

Obsessed Racer TS Member

Don, do you or anybody else have pictures of this new step rib that you can post, i would like to see it, thanks.

6. Obsessed Racer

Obsessed Racer TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.