1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATTENTION...All Shotmakers!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by himark, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I think there are a good handfull of us on here that can produce large quantities and seems we all have a unified problem.....NO lead and to many miles from our buyers to trade with. I am purposing a unified program that if we could get several shotmakers together we could cover the miles by geographic location. ie, I am in midwest and have guys saying they wish they were closer but actually live closer to another guy making shot. If you guys are interested in this email me at timlind_2000@yahoo.com and we can discuss the details of how we could make an offer to the entire trap shooting community and not be dealing with the shipping of these over weight packages. This kind of cooperation may not be possible???Just throwing it out there for discussion.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

I think its a great idea myself, even though i dont make sure,but am sure intrested in buying/trading wheel weights for some. I wonder --has anyone checked to see what a freight company "18 wheels" like overnight etc. would charge to go from one of their freight yards to the other with customer drop off and pick up from their yard. also i understand you can actually ship items via regular greyhound bus as well,wonder if it would be affordable??

Bill

3. aleadcaster

aleadcaster TS Member

Bill asks some good questions.I don't have the answers, but, I believe that the usps flat rate box is going to be difficult to beat. It is priced at 8.95
    (although others on here seem to suggest it is higher).

It does have it's own set of concerns though, and does cost more with added services. Any one have experience with greyhound shipping?

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but you could easily do it on this forum.

Just list "SHOT IN PA" as the subject - do it state by state.

Individuals can leave a note with an e-mail address - for instance I live near Philadelphia, PA and have good access to wheel weights.

All anyone would need to do is click on their state, and look for someone who lives near them - If they are close enough together you would save on the postage...

All it would take is 50 separate postings...

Or not...

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

HSLDS...This is exactly what I am talking about. I am on another forum for TDI cars and there big thing is a scanner. They have it setup just like that when trying to find the closest guy to help out. Out of all the shotmakers on here only ONE has actually contacted me about doing this. Either there are not that many guys doing this or there coop interest is just not that high.

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

i would be more than willing to travel 4-5 hours 1 way to trade wheel weights for shot or just buy home made outright either way. i just picked up 4 bucket fulls the last couple days without that much effort really but i dont and wont make shot..i am in the augusta, ga. area

bill

7. Ryan H

Ryan H TS Member

I am in the middle stages of setting up a shot maker. I have an OK lead source, but it depends on tire sales. I am in Panama City, FL. would drive a few hours to get lead and exchange once the maker is fully functional.

Ryan

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

It would be worth it for someone to set up a website dedicated to something like this. Just a list of states, and allow people to post if they are willing to trade, whether wheel weights for shot or just buying shot. If I had the knowledge or time to find out how to set up a website like that, I would...but I have neither. Maybe someone else does? Josh

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I could have a website setup. How many shot makers want to trade/sell shot and how many lead trader/buyers are on here?

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

JBrooks, I think I would just go by what they suggested, a list of states that people can click on their state and find a person near them that will be willing to trade/buy. I could make a website, but it would have to be on the basis of sending your information to my email first, and then I would have to post it, but I am thinking more of a classified type of website. Josh

11. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

Do any of you shotmakers worry about your health, or is this safe to do? I would think that the fumes would be extremely toxic. I knew of three different guys that used to make shot, they used to sell about 10,000 pounds a week, they no longer make shot, and all three died of cancer. How safe is this ordeal, is it really worth it? Lee

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

Most people use masks now, I personally bought a 3M 6000 Series half face mask with P100 filters. Hope this helps.

14. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

now thats funny right there!!!

15. Ryan H

Ryan H TS Member

Did anyone ever get a website setup?

16. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Yes Ryan, I built one myself, it is basically a forum that allows people to click on their state and either find someone with shot, or you can post that you have shot. The website is www.leadtradingpost.com

17. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I see the leadtradingpost.com com is down. Did this expire or has it just moved?

18. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I'm having a little trouble with the hosting service himark. It should be back up an running by tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks for the heads up. Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.