1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATTENTION 1911 LOVERS URGENT!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by shannon391, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Bigbore,

What is the average cost to complete these kits?

Never owned a 1911 but want to.

I sure love my BHP.

Thank you, Shan

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

0   0   0

Mike, I sent you a PM, I hope everyting is going well! RG

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What kind of BS is this. Start a thread, have conversation then delete everything. Sure makes someone look like an idiot.

Don

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Well Don, maybe someone told him it isn't wise to go public and say your building all these firearms without the federal tax not being collected on them. Manufactures pay between 10%-12% tax to the feds on a completed firearm but no tax on parts which was explained to me. Many people including myself have assembled firearms from kits/parts such as AR,FAL,AK,CETME,1911 It is legal to a certain point for your own personal use if the requirements are met, but the exchange of ownership could come back to bite you in the ass.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Sorry Don.. Toolmaker is correct.. my mouth was overloading my butt trying to help someone else.. Everyone knows I do not assemble for the public..but I was "informed".. I should not advertise my work..

If anyone needs information.. please E-mail me directly.. Thank you for your understanding... All Good.. Mike

6. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

0   0   0

What happened to the original post? I was ready to order a couple frames.
    Pat Haskins

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Caspian Arms.. home page.. look under "Specials" Almost all gone.. Ask for Seth.. Tell him Mike sent you...

8. ledbet

ledbet Member

0   0   0

I ordered one today. I have never built a 1911, but I am going to give it a try.

Bill

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Get the barrel too.. At $75.00.. it's a bargain..and made for that slide.. The .278 link seems to be the right one..

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

The Fed tax is paid on the frame, that is the gun assembled or not. The rest is just parts.

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Jerry P, I was told the Mfg. pay tax based on the value of the firearm just like Shiloh Sharps will charge you a few hundred in federal tax when you order from them.

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

0   0   0

Well, since I don't know what the original thread was, so I'll just say I love the grand ole' 1911; after 100 years, still going strong. John Browning was a genius; too bad he's not available to run for President. BT-100dc

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Yes, John Browning was a genius -- he learned from his mistakes on the 1911 and designed the High Power! A simple trigger job & good to go!

-Gary

14. ledbet

ledbet Member

0   0   0

I got the barrel and bushing as well.

Bill

15. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Gary, Browning made no mistakes with the 1911 but I will forgive you for your blasphemy.

I personally don't count the Hi Power as a pistol that is simple to do a trigger job on, it takes 3 hands just to put it back together. And before someone tells me, yes I made a tool so it only takes two hands.

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Long live the 1911... Alive.. and better than ever before in its long history... As parts dry up..or dissapear for everything else.. You'll always be able to find parts for a 1911.. OR.. push come to shove.. the CNC program..
    When jacketed bullets are soooooooooooooo expensive.. the 200 grain lead.. wheel weight bullet will chearfully exit at 700 fps.. and still be a powerhouse..with little or no leading.. The pressures are low enough to use the 209 primer in a modified case..when large or small pistol will be $120.00 per thousand.. if you can get them at all...

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

CCW1911: No offense intended. I disagree, however, that a trigger job on a BHP isn't simple... you just ship it to Wayne Novak and wait for it to come back!

-Gary

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Gary.. no disrespect intended.. Telling Ross about a Browning HP or a 1911 is like trying to teach mama how to make babies.. I've seen his work on both frames.. I ask questions and listen.. 2nd opinion not required.. All Good.. Mike

19. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

0   0   0

Novak does great work on Hi Powers and 45's and of course Heinie. I guess in your context it is easy, I'm looking at it from the actual mechanics of doing a good 2 3\4 lb crisp trigger job on a Hi Power from my experience doing them for a living. I have a sign in my shop that says " To the Amateur Everything Looks Easy"

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The difference between good and excellent is more than a few hours.. and ALOT of experience.. That's why I help everyone I can..as often as I can.. Never for a fee..Every 1911 I see and or oversee.. I learn something.. It takes many many years to become a master.. I'm trying to shorten the learning curve...Building them is one thing.. but shooting them you really learn all the tiny..very tiny things that make a 1911.. or a Hi Power absolutely perfect..

A 2" group at 25 yards anyone can do.. sub 1" is a totally different story..and many hours apart..unless you are either REAL lucky..or have a massive pile of parts..and know how to just parts change till everything is correct... Knowing what's correct also takes alot of knowledge.

The massive amount of aftermarket parts has alot to do with all of this.. Some are good.. some excellent.. and some real trash.. Small files,a dremil tool and time can correct most of the manufacturing defects.. Usually the better the brand name.. the better the part..

In my quest.. I've found Cylinder & Slide,Caspian,EGW,Wilson Combat,and STI all make great parts.. Many don't like the Fusion parts.. but I've seen a ton of them in use.. and have not heard 1 single issue.

Anyway..I love my 1911.. 9 rounds in 9mm/38 Super is more than enough for whatever I'd ever want to do.. and 8 rounds in 45 is also enough for any occasion.. Now.. I do have very small hands.. and I found the grip a little thick for me on the HP.. Taking nothing away from the pistol.. just the 1911 and I are old friends...

Long live the 1911.. It's big birthday will soon be here.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.