1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attendance Buckeye Classic

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by The Rock, Jun 8, 2013.

1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Attendance was down for the first time since Cardinal Center has held shoots.

This years attendance was down 12.9% average for the Buckeye Classic. It was still up in numbers from 2011.

Hope this is not a sign of things to come and just an off year.

Ohio State shoot should let us know more.

Hope this trend is not continued for the Grand time will tell.

Rock

Jim

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Let's see.....gas at $4 a gallon, small supplies of shot for $40 a bag, primers not available or sold out almost immediately, powder in short supply or up 20% in price - ammmo? way up or not there at all. Bound to impact all shooting events.

3. niagara

niagara TS Member

They were battling weather all week.

The big singles shoot was more like sporting clays...challenging.

There were a lot watching.

There is a big waiting list to get campsites. I saw they expanded again for the Buckeye and I am told they will be opening another section soon.

There is a motel (Heritage) within a half hour drive offering 29.95 motels rooms. That doesn't hurt.

You don't have to pay people to shoot at the Cardinal!

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

This is the first year that my grandson's and I have missed it, sorry to say. All the items that Yakimaman cited were a part of the issues. Parents in hospital and nursing home tipped the scales against it.

I know that the other retirees we shoot with stayed home or only went down for a day because of the costs. Shooting has slowed down at the clubs also.

Kip

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Shot at the Center last shoot last year. Great place to shoot worst trophies in the world, there was not a thing I would want to take home. Had a shooting family come to our club in Rochester, NY and said his son dose not diplay any of his trophies, he just puts the ugly things in a box.

Whoever orders trophies needs a readjustment day.

6. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I went through the trophy room last year - looked like things you'd see at garage sales. I was new, first ATA shoot, was surprised at how tacky some of it was.

7. niagara

niagara TS Member

Trophies looked great to me. I drove a long way to get one. No luck! I have never been to a better shooting venue.

Cabelas trophies and prizes were there this year. Cabelas was even giving out extra gift certificates to winners.

There was a Canadian woman upset that she had to declare her winnings at the border. It must be time for them to cut back when the trophies have too much value!

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Bernie K........ ditto. Stopped going. To far to drive and too much $$ for a 30 inch Allen Gun Case.

blade819

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Gas, Ammo, and no Overtime means less travel/shooting.

10. 2shot

2shot Member

No All-American points and no Great Eastern purse did not help any either. Mike Roese.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I don't think many are worried about all-american points. The great eastern purse only affects a few.

$4 gas, $42 shot, $57-$60 for "cheap" shells, the economy, and lots of big wind. All negatives. Missouri was down around 20%.

Maybe people are saving their shooting $ for specific shoots. It will be interesting to see how this affects the Grand.

12. Robb

Robb Member

Why was it not a points shoot and why no Great Eastern?

13. monroesc

monroesc Member

It does have All American points for the trophies that were awarded.

14. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Finally folks that see that cost of living is effecting trapshooting and not blaming it on the Good shooters winning everything. How refreshing !

TD