1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attendance at Shoots Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Last night I was thumbing through the shoot results by state in T&F and just started noting the number of shooters. I was a bit surprised that so many were less than 20 and the larger ones were in the 40s. Now, I know the largest and special shoots get the small stories upfront, but the "Gun Club" counts were interesting.

So, how many shooters were at the shoots you attended yesterday? We had a few over 60 at our North Hollywood club shooting 2, 100 HC events and about the same Saturday shooting 200 singles.

2. aaastalker

aaastalker TS Member

North End Gun Club in New Tripoli had a Championship shoot on Sunday.

I believe there were 130 shooters...

The best turnout I have seen in the area for the smaller shoots.

AAA

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

This year all the local clubs are down some But the good news is they are not down much . I shoot three clubs here in Indiana all close to my home ( within 100 miles) Five years ago 12 to 14 squads was a normal Sunday now it,s 9 and 10 . The thing I do see is non-registerd shooting (practice) through the week is way down . Last Wednesday I shot some Practice at a local club two or three years ago I would of been shooting with 6 or 7 guys I shot by my self all afternoon .

ALF

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

We had a registered shoot yesterday 8-17-08. We had 8 shooters. It seems not that long ago we would have 7-8-9 squads.....down from 11-12-13 squads seemingly just not too long before that. The main thing is WE ARE STILL HERE! Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels but as long as we have shooters wanting to shoot I'll (at least) keep the effort going.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. edbon9

edbon9 Member

30+ shooters at newman swamp rats yesterday, dan bonillas
    showed up for handicap/doubles after shooting at the grand.
    now that's dedication..

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The last shoot I drove up to attend was cancelled before it started, I didn't find out until I got there and the 3 other shooters that showed up were leaving ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

The shoot at Mt Morris Sportsman's Club in Mt. Morris, NY was well attended.

We had 16 squads for 16s. 12 squads for handicaps and 5 squads for doubles.

We are a 5 trap club that works hard to please the shooters.

Ron Burdick

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ron,

How do you use your 5 traps to handle those shooters?

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

JBrooks I shoot at one of the best run clubs in Indiana and we have four traps . Singles will start at 9:30 AM and not 9:32 AM 12 or 13 squades done by 12:00 PM Handicap starting at 12:45 PM 12 or 13 squades done at or about 3:00 PM .

It,s all about Management good help and keeping things running .

ALF

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Consider yourself lucky Jerry. The last three Sundays I was the only one that shot trap in the three hours I stayed each Sunday.

The "other" shooter was on vacation for two weeks and his wife was sick last week.

Yep all but three of the trap shooters have turned to the dark side (sporting clays) because they just wanted to shoot with other shooters.

If Belfountaine was not that far would jump ship.

Sounds good Ron we had 12 traps until the Sporting bunch decided to bulldoze seven fields.

Rock

Jim

11. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

JBROOKS, We use our 5th trap for doubles only. Shooters sign up for doubles when they choose to. When we have 4 or 5 shooters we run a squad. We have been using this system for 3 years now and it has proven to be very successful.

We have found entire squads will finish shooting 16s and come in and sigh up to shoot doubles while they wait for the handicap.

With the high prices today, no one wants to shoot practice.

Ron Burdick

12. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Pocatello ID just finished our 25th annual Gun Shoot yesterday. Why Gun Shoot? Because we give away a Weatherby rifle on every 100 targets. After the event is finished, a score is drawn at random and all shooters with that score shoot off for the rifle, miss and out. For example, on one singles event 100 was drawn, and about four shooters went to the line. We cranked the targets up to fly 70 yards, put it in the five hole, and lined them up. Each shooter started at post two, and took one shot. All who survived that post moved to post three to go again, with the starter from post two moving to the back of the line, and so on. In that particular shootoff Gail Jones outlasted Brett Epperson for the rifle. On another event, doubles, the draw score was 78, and Lady Senior Vet Ginny Greitl was the only one with that score to win the rifle outright. On another handicap 86 was the draw score, and yours truly lasted a few rounds but not long enough.

On Sunday's two handicaps, in addition to the draw rifles, we give Ruger 10/22 rifles as trophies for the Champion and yardage group winners. All this is to explain why this shoot is very popular in our area.

Anyway, to answer the question:

Thursday Event 1 100 Singles 113 entries.

Thursday Event 2 100 Handicap 109 entries.

Thursday Event 3 50 pair Doubles 97 entries.

Friday Event 4 50 pair Doubles 112 entries.

Friday Event 5 100 Singles 141 entries.

Friday Event 6 100 Handicap 132 entries.

Note: Friday was VERY windy and some shooters pulled out.

Saturday Event 7 200 Singles 148 entries.

Saturday Event 8 100 Handicap 148 entries.

Sunday Event 9 100 Handicap 155 entries.

Sunday Event 10 100 Handicap 144 entries.

Also, for those interested in that sort of thing, options paid out for the shoot were slightly over $36,000.

If anyone is interested in the Gun Shoot next August, just contact us through our website.

13. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

8-17-08 Otter Creek SC in Cedar Rapids, IA standard August "day after the Grand" shoot. 100 ea discipline w/ an optional early bird 16s. We had 44 shooters for the day. Mostly clear skies w/ 80 degrees and Low humidity. We saw several shooters who were on their return trip from Sparta that just had not had enough yet. We Thank everyone for their participation. John in Iowa.

FYI - The Norwegian (is he Sven or Ole?) was "The Man" 99 singles and won w/ a 98 in hcaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.