1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attack Syria, What’s Next?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Zoom.Golly, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Zoom.Golly

Zoom.Golly Well-Known Member

I'm not much for political threads, but this Syria intervention gives me a bad feeling. That article at the link confirms and expands my apprehensions.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/if-we-do-attack-syria-whats-next/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OTB+%28Outside+The+Beltway+|+OTB%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I sure hope they don't Iran and Lebanon will probably attack Israel and I almost think they want them to and it might be the beginning of WWIII

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If a terrorist group got hold of chemical weapons supplied by Syria, or Iran or N. Korea, and used them on the US (a scenario that has be postulated about) and we'd done nothing to prevent such a proliferation from happening, then what? just sayin'

Ron Burr

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Chemical attack?

Nonsense, everyone knows the real terrorist threat is terrorists getting machineguns and bazookas at gun shows without background checks.

Everyone knows this. Everyone.

5. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Catpower , You hit the nail on the head.

All Syria wants is to get us into a BIG war

6. drejw2

drejw2 Member

Guys urge your representative to vote no against a strike in Syria. Don't allow Obama to get his way. Financially, We can't afford it. Ethically, we can't help the same fanatics killing our kids in Iraq and Afghanistan (al Qaeda). Strategically, the risk of major war is very high not only to the Middle East but the whole world. Besides, AP already reported that the rebels admitted to the chemical attacks due to mishandling of equipment supplied by Saudi Arabia.

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

I have heard both sides on this issue from retired military officers and so called middle east experts. I don't believe in an attack to save Obamas ego. More and more I believe is isolationism with a strong military to defend our soil if we are attacked. If Iran attacks Israel will defend and win and do a pre-emtive strike if necessary. I don't think Lebanon has the balls or firepower to attack Israel. ed nichols

8. drejw2

drejw2 Member

Ed, Lebanese army is not able to take care of the hundreds of al-Qaeda fighters that infiltrated through the border, they can't fight Israel. Hezbollah, is a lebanese military party that has been fighting with Israel and now is involved in the war in Syria. They only are supported at most by 30% of the Lebanese. The pretext of their involvement, following their views, is a matter of survival, same as Israel. Who knows how a madman with a huge firepower will react? One thing for sure, innocent civilians, from both sides, like always will be the ultimate casualties. There is a war going on between muslims, Shias and Sunnis we better not get involved as both are self proclaimed enemies.

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

But BIO,,,,,hussein "fixed" that by executive order because congress wouldn't......

10. burtona

burtona Member

Our enemies are busy killing each other. Why is that a bad thing? We need to stay out of a civil war and let Syria decide without any intervention. In the end, no matter what we do there will be no change in the end result. They will still be fighting someone.

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Iran and the rest of those SOBs want us to attack Syria, and that will be their excuse to bomb Israel. We can't solve all the world's problems anyway. We have enough problems here, and he is doing a poor job of fixing those.

12. dirt stirrer

dirt stirrer Well-Known Member

Found this. Appropriate fer sure

hope pic chows up. May take several tries.

13. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

1. we got no dog in the fight
    2.far more likley that rebels used the gas on their people to gain sympathy
    3.Assad has nothing to gain by killing his subjects
    4. do we want to partner up with Al Queda?
    5. Israelis will defend themselves, and it all hits the fan.
    6.unconstitutional unless approved by Congress
    7. the list goes on and on!

14. CharlieAMA

How many countries came to our aid during our civil war? None. Let them fight their own battles.

15. SBray

SBray Active Member

The middle east is, and has always been , a powder keg of hostilities. The best approach to the problem is to stay out of any military action in that part of the world.

I am sympathetic to the terrible acts that go on throughout the world, but we can't afford to police the world. Our actions only cause people with hatred in their hearts to come here and attack our people.

Steve

16. CharlieAMA

At least it takes pressure off of Benghazi, NSA, DOJ and Holder's investigation, IRS, etc., etc. He's back from a 30 day vacation, so he's working very hard.

17. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Simple logic. Gotta figure if Hussein want's to do this it's gotta be wrong.
    What has he gotten right?

18. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Five years ago or so I said the reason the libs wanted Obamacare is that if a war began here all would be covered and I offended some people here but look what's evolved. No consolation in I told you so.

19. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Time for a country in the region to step to the plate....

Saudi Arabia has billions of dollars of USA, British, and French military equipment.

If the situation needs be addressed with an air/missile strike....

20. CharlieAMA

Rick hit the nail on the head!