1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATT: Perazzi Big Bore

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by little gambler, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Mike,

My new pigeon gun finally arrived. You mentioned you wanted to see the final product. l.g.

Some barrel stats: True 30" fixed 8/10 bottom, 10/10 top (18.4 bores by request) 11X7 Low bunker rib, with tramline down center . no side ribs, and get this stamped at 1.440 kg. but actual weight is 1.425 kg on digital postal scale. All iron except for barrel and trigger finished in silver. Gun tips scale at 8 lbs 7.4 oz.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Pigeons are dying all over town now.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Nice!!

Matt Woodson

4. MOP

MOP Active Member

Is Mr. Big Bore a pigeon shooter?

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

NICE ! ! ! !

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mighty snug for box birds, Rick!

7. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

Sportshot,

The reciever is engraved as a Lusso grade, or luxury grade pierced top lever and pigeon in the forearm.

As for the lightest 32" or 31 1/2" barrels I have heard of I think Coldtrail had a set with tubes no side ribs at I think 1.580 kg.

Sernv99 had a perazzi listed on here that had tubes with 1.630 kg. Those are the two lightest sets I have heard of that are 31 1/2" both had no side ribs.

8. MOP

MOP Active Member

Sportshot - I own a set of GA1 31.5 barrels that are stamped 1.55. They have ventilated side ribs. In my opinion, lighter is not always better for box bird domestic pigeons.

9. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

real nice, little gambler

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Giacomo measured my barrels and he said they are a true 32", no side ribs, with original extended chokes tubes, coming in a 1.63kg....for me, that would be the minimum I would want to go as far as weight in a barrel set. Even then, I think it's a bit too light. It feels lighter than my 32" DT10. But I'm selling it, the flat rib isn't my style. Prefer my high ribbed guns and a bit more weight to the gun itself.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Every shooters has his own style.. likes and dislikes.. LG now.. with his beautiful weight barrels has a dynamic gun..which in bunker/sporting clays is a must.. How many heavy trackstars do you see??? Same in bunker.. you have to get to the target..
    In Europe.. many of the Perazzi barrels are much lighter than what is exported to America.. I was once loaned a MX10 31.5" wirth adjustable rib at 1.46KG.. I SHOULD havwe bought the gun..

I've since built my MX-10 ultra-light.. Tom Wilkinson barrel .028/.038 No sideribs... 1.38 KG.
    For the many shooters who get it right everytime.. my hat is off to you.. What I have found is when my initial approach to the target is off.. I can flick..and get back on the correct path.. I don't need to push..just a flick.. BUT.. shooting a light weight gun takes control.. as you 391 shooters know.. to keep your swing going.. and not overshoot the target..

In any event Little Gambler has put down good money to order his bunker gun.. He choose wisely..and I hope it gives him a lifetime of pleasure.. I forgive him for selling his other bunker gun now.. As I thought it was perfect..but seeing its replacement... He's still moving up..

All Good.. Mike

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Sportshot.. Perazzi has always made a real dynamic shotgun.. Just the AMERICAN shooter wanted a 9 pound trapgun.. Most all of the Olympic shooters have very dynamic barrels.. and most of what I see in Italy,England,and France has been in the 1.40/1.50 KG range..

My barrels were .729 backbored to .736 and the sideribs removed..
    As I said before.. I found a used MX10 in Italy that was very similar to my MX10 I built..

13. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

NICE !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.