1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATS Auto Mate II for MEC Reladers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 687 Trap, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

I have an opportunity to get a new in the box ATS Auto Mate II unit for MEC Reloaders. I am sure there are many of you out there that are using the ATS Auto Mate II unit. I am curious what your experience has been with this unit and what experiences you may have had with support from the company. I have called MEC and they have informed me that they do not support the ATS units due to a number of changes and upgrades they have made to the unit.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Ron

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have the same unit and love it. I know that if it breaks, MEC isn't going to be able to help me but AutoMates aren't terribly complicated devices, so I don't think finding someone with the ability to nurse one back to health will be a challenge. Software problems might be tough to overcome but MEC's software could always be retrofit.

A friend of mine has one and the motor started leaking oil. An electronics shop replaced it with a motor of the same size and specifications but made by a different company. The unit works great once again.

Ed

3. tj303

tj303 Member

You will also need a linkage kit if you are converting a manual Mec. Depends on the price discount you are getting on the ATS vs Mec automate if it is worth buying an orphan product. I have an ATS and think it is great.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They are slower than hydraulic, and you have both hands tied up. Where as the foot pedal job you have both hands free to pick up wad and hull for next shell.

GB
    DLS

5. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

I have the AUTO- MATE ll and no problems in seven yrs. It loads a shell in 4 sec. hands free. If you can't push the buttons pick up your wad and check your shell in this amount of time, don't buy it. Henry

6. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

I purchased a used one this year and like it very much. The ATS version requires a momentary press of both buttons; they do not have to be held down once the motor starts. If something goes wrong, just press either button, this will cause the Automate to stop and reverse.

I had problems with powder drops and shell crimps, the Automate would flex the 9000 at the bottom of the stroke (very noticeable when shells are in the crimping stations). MEC added a brace from the loader's left side to the rear of the Automate. I ordered one from MEC ($14 plus shipping), it bolted onto my ATS unit. This cleared up the flexing problem, powder drops are now consistent and crimps are better than ever.

The only problem I have is that primers get hung up when they drop into the primer seating hole. It occurs maybe 1 in 20 but it's still annoying.

Regards

Gayle

7. cabman

cabman TS Member

This primer hang up is annoying. Anyone have a solution?

Cabman

8. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

The reloader has to be in time,and the primer feeder has to line up to drop dead center in the hole,with chain adjustment.The reloader will need adjustments from hand pull to AUTO-MATE. it takes time to get it to reload right.I had to make a lot of them,now it reloads great. Henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ats auto-mate
ats automate ii

ats mate

ats mate payee
mate ats