1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Atlas250 Trap throwers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tammike, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tammike

tammike Member

Is there anyone on here with real life, firsthand experience with the Atlas AT250 target thrower ? We are considering using 2 of these combined with the Lt-skt wireless control to put in a low budget skeet field. thanks in advance

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

We use 4 of them along with our Pat trap to run our 5 stand. We have thrown pallets of targets through them, and except for a couple broken main springs, they have been great. It takes just a couple minutes to replace a main spring.
    Mark

3. tammike

tammike Member

Thank you Mark. Do you use the wireless release systems ?

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

No, we use use the cords and push buttons that came with them. Mark

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We have one too, it works great we my wife and I were going to shoot this afternoon the weather idiots said sunny and 70, it's rainy and 50, so I guess we'll massage our shoulders tomorrow

One thing I would have done different though is make my own swivel base, it's just a windshield wiper motor mounted to a base, be fairly easy to make

6. XT George II

XT George II TS Member

Tammike: We have had an Atlas trap for almost 2 years , and have had ver[y little trouble. Like Oregunner said we did replace a main spring, butAtlas has changed the type of spring. The design of the new spring has eliminated the reason for the breakage.

The peple at Atlas are also the best. They are great to work with . These Machines are Made in the U.S.A .

I would say there is nothing on the market that is better for your Money.

Enjoy your sport:

George

7. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I have had mine for sometime and have never had a problem. have thrown 1000's of targets. I have mine mounted on a swivel with a wiper motor.still in the r/d stage.it moves to fast.voltage rheostat makes the motor get hot?bought a clay delay for it.wow was that a waste of money.still looking for a inexpensive wireless voice control. buying a atlas will be money well spent.

8. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

I have had mine for about 5 yr. and have had no problems with it. I have mixed different clays in the carousel and it will throu them all. I use the foot control most of all. You won't go wrong with it. Al Maly

9. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I belong to a small club that uses the 250 for shoots 2 times a month throwing about 5000 targets per month. We have replaced 2 main springs and 2 small springs but they are cheap so we keep extras. We have the oscillating base and cord release. good thrower

10. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I have a 250 along with autosporters and lincolns.

The atlas can keep up with both of the other makes.

It's not as refined as either of the others, but it throws targets consistently well. The landing plate is the throwing arm, so a broken bird gets thrown clear.

I use a longrange wireless on it, and it works just fine.

The throwing strip needs to be re-attached with contact cement from time to time. I too have broken a spring, but Scott sent me a bigger stronger one, and I haven't had any others break. It will throw 100 metres or so.

11. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

dhwbailey,can you give me the name of the long range wireless you use?

12. garage tech

garage tech Member

Does the oscillator throw random targets. I have seen a video on there web that looked like it was not random but progressive right to left one click at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.