1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Atlas traps

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sakoboomer, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakoboomer

sakoboomer TS Member

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Atlas traps? I have a friend who is thinking about purchasing one but would like some feed back from the crowd here.

Rick

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

Which one?

3. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

I've had an AT50 for about a year and it's a real money burner and that's meant in a good way. It'll cause you to shoot up all your shells in no time, especially with that danged remote control release. 5 of us stepped up one afternoon and burned through 400 rounds of ammo in just over 30 minutes. It's about as much fun as you can have. The folks at Atlas are a great bunch and will treat you well, although I've had no cause to call them since I've had the machine. Probably just as well I didn't get the 250 because I'd shoot more between loadings and can't hardly afford that.

4. isualum

isualum TS Member

I have had 2 of them (AT 50) for about 4 years. No issues. Called and bought direct. Cabelas used to carry them.

5. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter TS Member

We have had a lot of clutch trouble with our AT250. May have been a lemon. We have a Hunters Point that is flawless. Both are made in the same town in Kansas by the same family. Just different businesses.

6. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

Gotta keep it level one sporting clay course I shot at had trouble using it for some of the more difficult presentation's but they are still using it they just won't buy anymore . But for Trap it should be OK Jay

7. sakoboomer

sakoboomer TS Member

He is thnking about the AT 50, teh 250 might be a little over the budget but would be nice. Anybody using the rotating base?

Rick

8. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I have a 250 that we use in our 5 stand. It is generally flawless. The only adjustment I have had to make is moving the rubber wheel forward to catch the bird sooner.

I have mine mounted on a piece of 3/4 inch playwood with wheels on it and a 2 inch square tongue with a trailer hitch and an elevator.

I can raise and lower it and tilt it by putting a chock under one wheel.

I can get about 45 degrees of elevation.

It is a bit clunky when the bird drops on to the arm, but generally, I am happy.

It is light enough to move easily.
    Scott Manspeaker is excellent with service.

9. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I am on my third year with an AT250 with the oscillating base. I have never had one problem with it. We have 5 guys that meet once a week when weather allows and we all shoot 100 to 200 rnds. i know it has to have thrown 50K targets. We keep it clean, spray a little lube here and there and keep shooting. I have been telling them to build a wobble base for it for years, that would sell like hotcakes. I am thinking about buying another one so i can shoot some doubles, they do not make a doubles machine but they have a controller that will operate 2 traps. JD

10. sakoboomer

sakoboomer TS Member

Thanks Gentlemen!

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

atlas traps