1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATF Violations - Should I turn him in?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oleolliedawg, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Don't hesitate, turn his arse in! His stupidity is only compounded by his arrogance!!

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

trap2day: You did the correct thing by not entering into a deal that is clearly against the law. If it were me I would just "leave well enough alone" and forget about it. It's not your role to enforce ATF laws. This is probably done more times than one thinks. But as long as you stay out of the equation; you are protecting yourself and that's what's important. JMHO. Ed

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

You did the right thing and do not deserve the negative feedback. If you have the documentation, hang him.

Ed Yanchok

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

since you did not do the deal a crime did not happen...report him to Gunbroker explaining the whole situation and have his negative feedback removed and he'll probably have his buyers priviledges revoked

5. mobear

mobear Member

You need to post the name of this person also!

6. Duck

Duck Member

trap2day,

Do you have the option to respond to his feedback, if so tell your side and leave it at that. Save your proof, but as far as turning him in to the ATF
    nah!, while your attracting attention to him I would think you would also be scrutinized?. Just my humble opinion.

7. oleolliedawg

If he has plenty of feedbacks and he is not an FFL holder then he is obviously a persistent lawbreaker and deserves punishment. Who knows what other laws relating to firearms transactions he violates. Reporting him to the ATF will have them immediately monitor his activities and issue a cease and desist order at the very least.

Only an extremely ignorant and arrogant person would issue negative feedback under those circumstances. Hang him!!

8. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

ATF sting?

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You would have committed a felony had you shipped the receiver without the proper BATF paperwork.

You may have been setup as well to see if you would go through with the deal.

I'd report him to your local or closest BATF office to show your good faith.

Just yesterday the BATF came of with a mailing about these kinds of things and they, the BATF, are cracking down on illicit sales. You should pat yourself on the back on this one.

Whiz White<BR>
    FFL Dealer

10. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I would let it drop. As the post above said ATF STING??? You don't know. Also if it is a guy that tries to work around the rules he will be caught soon enough. You also don't know who or what ATF agent you get. He or she just might want to drag you through the mud for the fun of it. You don't need that at all. Let it go and let someone else deal with it.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you passed...

at best, report the incident to gunbroker.com

Jim

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the Dawg on this one Hang him. My reasons are a little different than his as I feel that if you turn him in then you are doing the rest of the Gun community(the honest buyers and dealers that follow the law)is being protected and preserved. Know one can say that honest Gun owners ignore the problems and contribute to further Gun law violations because believe me he will do it again.

Bob Lawless

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

no law?

Solicitation

conspiracy

blackmail

etc etc etc

dont take legal advice from people on here-

regards from Iowa

Gene

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But, hypothetically speaking, what if it was Earl S. who tried to get the gun without going through an FFL due to a domestic abuse conviction? Would some of you then say it's now OK? Based on past statements saying it was OK for him to possess and use firearms even though it is a violation of the law, it makes me wonder.

15. southpark

southpark TS Member

I'm with Gene. How could someone say no law was broken. While I'm no criminal law expert, I'm sure there are violations there for attempts to commit conspiracy to break firearms laws and even postal fraud. I would call the ATF and the Postal Inspectors office.

He wrote his own ticket when he left bad feedback about you.

16. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Notify the ATF so that they decide if he has not broken any laws.

Berettaman7

17. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Odds are that you were talking to the ATF. These guys will do anything to get someone to commit a crime. Nothing has changed since Ruby Ridge and Waco Tx - nothing. They are out of control and need to be shut down.

18. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Nyttro - I encourage people to follow the law. Never commit a criminal act is my policy. I think I was venting in my previous post. I believe the ATF is in serious need of overhaul. Following people around after gun shows is the latest thing I am aware of. They have work to do, such as getting guns out of the hands of drug dealer, but they waste manpower harassing innocent citizens. And nobody stops them. That is the real problem. They must be shut down.

19. oleolliedawg

havegunwilltravel, if the ATF were shut down who would pursue obvious lawbreakers such as this one. I'm quite sure this wasn't any kind of setup-just an outlaw evading the need for an FFL to sell guns!!

20. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

oleolliedawg - you and I are looking at the same attempted criminal act and we both see the situation differently and in fact we have opposite views. I certainly do not claim to be any type of expert. My opions are based on the big print in the news. I do agree that the story we are given points to a criminal who wants to purchase a gun without the FFL. My instinct is that this is an agent for ATF. Your instinct is that there is an outlaw who needs to be captured.

Can we break the tie? As I said before, that agency has been out of control for years. I do not believe any thing positive about the ATF. I believe the ATF is full of shysters who are trying to get ahead on the bones of people would would normally be innocent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

atf violations