1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA; What's it cost to play the game?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trail, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trail

Trail Active Member

ATA; What

So...I'm thinking about taking the leap and joining ATA, shooting some registered shoots. Been shooting local league and lewis shoots for about 10 years.

I've been on the web site and membership is pretty reasonable. What's it cost to play the game once you get to a shoot. I live in WI.

Trail

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It would depend on where you shoot and how much you shoot. On an average or to give you a rough idea, a 100 bird event costs anywhere from $27 to $32 per hundred Registered ATA Targets around here. Then of course like always you have shell costs, food, etc. You also have your yearly ATA dues of $20.

3. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Here in Central California we are paying $28 per 100 targets plus daily association fees. This is without any options.

Gary Beer

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Once-daily ATA ($3) and WSTA ($3) fees plus anywhere from $24 to $28 (or so) per 100 targets. Options will be more.

There are some shoot programs at the link above.

Enjoy.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Targets + fees + a few options + shells will run you about $175 per day for the typical 300 target match.

It isn't exactly cheap but it is fun enough to be addictive.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Two farms.

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

My neck of the woods it costs on average of $31.00 per 100 bird event. There is a once per day charge of $6.00 (ata and state fee) no matter how many events you enter. There are also 50 bird events (Big 50's) at some clubs on weekdays and they are usually the standard fee you would pay for practice plus a $3.00 daily fee. As far as options, purses, etc goes....FORGET about those until you have been to a few ATA events.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

It's like turning your hobby into your full time occupation.

In general, you will travel further, pay more for everything and wait around longer to shoot than you do now. The whole experience becomes more complicated and you'll encounter many people who take themselves and everything they do just way too seriously for no good reason.

Keller

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

At least 2 Cadillacs over 25 years. (2 farms is a bit much, I didn't shoot doubles or play the heavy options, LOL.)

HM

10. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Depends on where you go and what you do. I shoot ata registered on a limited budget. I attend many small shoots and they throw targets much cheaper than the big state shoots. Some places even will do specials for 18$ per hundred for say an early bird event. They shoot 1000 doubles marathons at Darien WI for around 21$ per hundred which is a hoot! I usually attend the Illinois state shoot for a few days which like any state shoot is pricey but its a totally different atmosphere and tons of fun. My advice is to shoot at your own pace and what you can afford. I shot practice and league for years too and I gotta say I've had ten times as much fun shooting registered targets and the competition has made me a much better shooter. I like the pace and the seriousness of it. Give it a try.

11. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Yes it will cost you some money..big deal. What you will gain is a challenge that you will grow to really enjoy and can continue to enjoy until they put you in a box...SMOKIT

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I shot w/ Vic Reindeer by invitation when he saw I was from Ohio, he and I shared a lot of stories about the Grand and various shoots.

The Trap and Field had articles by him called Vic's Views. Always wore the Ball Cap w/long Visor. And usually Tan Clothes.

Wisconsin has some nice clubs and wonderful shooters and is where the Kolar is Built in Racine, I was given a tour there by Keith and Don Mainlands son.

I shot one of their guns they were building in the tunnel they were designing a high shooter and it shot flat for me and they could not believe it. It was being built for Al Coriza in California I was later told.

They told each other we need to go back to the design board, they told Mr Mainland when we got back to the office that I shot that gun and it did not shoot high enough.

They knew I shot a gun that shoots 18-20 inches high.

I was there getting my Kolar Fitted to me and POI adjusted for me.

Keith Spraeger is a fisherman, he gave me a tour of the lake front and we talked about Walleye and Lake Trout. This was back when the Kolar first came out and before the multiple rib options that came out later.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what Dr.Longshot's post has to do with this thread or any of its posts??

14. rautdr

rautdr Member

What part of Wisconsin are you from? Brown County (Green Bay) is advertising ATA marathons every Sat. in May for $16.00 per hundred (I think). It is targets only with no prizes but maybe a good place to get your feet wet. It is a great facility to shoot at.

Usualy at a regular smaller shoot you can get by for less than $80.00 if you just shoot singles and caps and only play the Lewis. Add another $35. or so if you shoot doubles also. This doesn't include your shells.

Like stated above, it is addicting. You'll meet some great people and have a ball. Shooting well is just a bonus.

Dan from Wis.

15. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

What other sport can you pay for your membership and target fees then compete for the World Championship on the same day? Just a thought........Ken Jeffries

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Registered shooting can be expensive but it really depends on how much shooting you do if you shoot around 5000 targets and decide to start shooting registered say 2500 registrered targets it would probably cost you about $1000 per year more than just shooting practice. Since your already shooting lews class at shoots then you probably are looking at a lesser expense maybe $400 or $500 per year more.

Joe

17. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

I know I will get flamed for this, but as a rule of thumb, it costs about $1.00 per bird for registered shooting.

Consider the following. This is an estimate of all costs when I shoot the team shoots in Mason Mi. (100 16yd targets)

Target fees: $30.00. Gas for my car to get to/from the shoot: $30.00. Shells: (reloads) 5 boxes because I usually shoot a practice round $25.00 Food/Drink for the day: $15.00.

Grand Total: $100.00

18. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

IMO, golf and possibly divorce are less expensive. Drugs are more expensive and may cost you jail time.

On the other hand, how much do you spend to drive a hundred miles to not catch any fish or not shoot a deer?

I like to visit the Grand at least one day a year and to make my state shoot (Kentucky) most days.

Cost for smaller shoots is probably the cost of 100 league targets plus daily ATA and State association fees. Targets at large shoots cost more for several reasons including paid help where many small shoots have volunteer help.

The largest cost if you shoot in volume is ammunition.

When I lay down for the last time and they start throwing dirt on top of me, all I want to remember, in addition to my love of God, is the many good times I had with family and friends and shooting is part of that.

Ed Ward

19. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

shoot and enjoy, the money is yours to spend how you wish. if you can afford to shoot large quantities of registered targets, you are luckier than most.

20. bob62864

bob62864 TS Member

DELETED by Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata trap shoots cost

yearly cost to be in ata trap