1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA website

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The following message came up when I tried to bring up the ATA website. It looks like some of the nonsense in the Rule Book, that has the reader asking/saying after reading it over and over.....HUH??

: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Translation = Cathy Key will get it fixed first thing Monday morning...

grin....mike

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

It was down late last night but I figured it would be taken care of by morning. Obviously I was wrong.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

They may be changing some numbers and have the site down for repairs or something like that? They'll gittur fixed soon!

Hap

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Did they ever hire an Exec. Director? Maybe someone forgot to pay the bill.

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I have a crystal ball, and being somewhat intuitive, and a good listener/observer with a good ear to the ground; believe they're interviewing prospective candidates. Having said that, I predict the new Exec Director will be: Skip Klinger.

6. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

They didn't think things out too well and changed Web Providers...

Now they are having some issues they need to work out...

I had another post on yesterday about the same issues...

Dave

7. Dieselman

Dieselman TS Member

I too tried to look up some things on the ATA website and it seems to be under repair or being updated. The AA site is not working at all. I also looked at the ATA minutes to see if they contained any information and the only minutes available are those from the BOD meeting in August but nothing from the EC meetings. Maybe the new secretary is too busy to keep up with the EC.
    I called my delegate to see what he knew and I didn't get any current information from him. I did attend the BOD meeting in 2009 and 2010 and at both meetings the TechPro folks were there and the EC seemed to be very pleased with their performance. Rumor has it that TechPro has been replaced by CompuTech because some of the EC or Grand officials did not like TechPro controlling too much of the ATA information but Pres. Grebs (I think) stood up before the entire meeting and recognized TechPro for their great contributions to the ATA and he also stated that TechPro was billing at a deep discount rate so the ATA could afford their services.
    I hope that we are not going back to the days when the membership (and delegates) know nothing about the workings of the ATA. Divide and conquer or control.
    Whatever - I hope they work it all out.

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

just tried it and the ATA website opened normally.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The rulebook pdf files don't work, all you get is the cover page.

Curt

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The Rule Book opens fine for me.

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Opened fine for me just now. Do me a favor though, open AIM and the Coaches liks.. Nothing has been updated since August on AIM except on November 28 when they posted AIM Grand dates for next year. On the coaches link, the last newsletter was posted 2 YEARS ago. Wonder what's up. Tara Short told me 2 weeks ago everything for AIM and Coaches corner would be updated last week? Just curious if anyone has heard anything???

12. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

For some reason I lost 200 singles and I'm down 100 caps from the other shooters.

I haven't missed a shoot since last winter.

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hell, I just keep the current rule book on my phone. Easier to settle arguments that way..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.