1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Web Site

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TANGO ECHO, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TANGO ECHO

TANGO ECHO TS Member

Just tried to use the ATA shooter info. One section has no info after 2006 and the NEW section has no info at all! This has been a disaster from the get go.What does it take to get a usable web site? At last years annual meeting at Sparta Neil Winston said it would be up and working very soon that was almost one year ago!I hope we are not paying for this poor excuse of a web site.Whats the problem? The old web site was no prize but you could get your scores which is more than the new site will do!The ATA needs someone to take charge of this mess and get the site going or forget about it.If it takes one year plus to start a web site its no wonder the ATA is in the shape that it is.

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Works fine for me, about as up to date as usual, but a bunch more better features. The printable yearly scoresheet is a very nice feature.

You should contact the ATA (instead of bitching here) and see if they can help you. (Or you can keep bitching here if that makes you feel better, but it's not going to solve your probelm with the website).

Scott

3. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

I use it all the time and I have no problems with it. Maybe you should listen to Scott.
    Sonny

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Scott; I like the bunch more better features. Slow down you're going to fast.

Don

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As far as I know, T-Echo, the shooter information center works pretty much as I promised at last year's meeting, except updates are every week or two, not instantly as we have been working on. Mouse around it a bit and you might get what you want; most do.

Maybe you don't have the password right. Call and ask the office to mail you one.

Neil

6. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Maybe he is using the old website address or something. It works pretty good for me too and is no more out of date than ever, 2-3 weeks usually.

Try using that little paper card that the ATA conveniently provides us with at the first of the year, that way you won't have to be aggravated with the website.

As an aside, the ATA promises no web site for your yearly/life dues.

Good luck out there, John

7. ajc

ajc Member

I think the new site is miles ahead of the old one. I find the shooter info to be very nice; it's user friendly, I like that I can see my buddies averages, and it works well. Yes, it still isn't updated as quick as I'd like, but the ATA deserves credit for getting this much better than in the past. My vote is completely positive!
    ajc

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

If he is using the old site then above is the link for the new home page I know I had trouble also when they first swiched over to the new site.

Fog

9. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Neil, much improved and well done.

Thanks

Augie
    SAN DIEGO Shotgun Sports

10. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

My records are now up to date through July 8 2007....Can't get much better then this...

11. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Neil, great job on the new site it works for me! I especially like the way you can print off sheets for each years records. I also believe scores are being posted sooner. Well maybe a little quicker.

Shoot well,

Jim

12. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

All my scores are posted through July, 15 2007 including the Indiana State Shoot which ended on the 15th. Can it get any better?

Bill Radwan

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I didn't do it. The ATA office-staff and a company called Tech-Pro did. I was just the ill-tempered growling dog in the corner they finally had to quiet or get ulcers.The triumph of the site is indeed that "printer-friendly" version of a shooter's history which is even better than the ATA's since it says, in English, what the result of a review was rather than "55555" which meant you had to look that up too.

Neil

14. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

ATA web site works OK for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.