1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA wants email

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The ATA has offered insurance to its members for many years, with or without an email address. Didn't you see the table set up in the events center at the Grand?
    A commonly heard complaint against the ATA is the lack of communication. I'm glad they are trying to improve.
    What have YOU done lately to try to improve the sport of trapshooting????????

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Pushing insurance is not "communication"...

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Agree on the ATA. The NSSA/NSCA puts out an excellent newsletter, maybe they should take a look!

NSSA-NSCA Target Talk is a weekly publication of the National Skeet Shooting Association and National Sporting Clays Association.

I think this link will work...

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=945042a29d3e42e8df4d97880&id=627aa53453&e=be08944e27

4. trapwife

The ATA offers members discounts on rental cars among other benefits. What's wrong with having some options when it comes to buying something you either have to buy or just want to buy? It's better than paying your membership dues and getting nothing more than just an average card.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The NRA does the same thing.

6. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

This is why you have 2 emails one for public one for restricted controlled by you never give out for list. Tom

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

There is a difference between offering members discounts and "selling" your Email address as the original poster was misleading us.

8. trapwife

Joe, I checked out the NSSA/NSCA website and it does have a very nice newsletter. I also checked the price of membership, both are $40 for an annual membership. The ATA charges $20 for an annual membership. Compared to most golf clubs,it seems like a bargain.

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Golf course rates. May be, but not hurting for shooters at many shoots. With an NSSA or NSCA membership you can shoot the other discipline without paying additional membership fees and you get one magazine subscription.

Also, I'm just showing what is possible in regard to a email membership newsletter, not meaning to get into a pisXXXXX contest. The ATA does not have to be as elaborate, but anything remotely like the mentioned newsletter would be a major improvement, even if only published once a month, not weekly.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA has had my E Mail for a long time, I get less garbage mail from them than I do the NRA asking me to renew my Life Membership ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. trapwife

Joe, have you checked out www.shootata.com? I'm not sure how often it is updated, but it does have alot of information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.