1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Update!! No more release triggers !!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ysr_racer, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

April Fools, you geezers can keep shooting 'em :)

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Don't laugh.... It could happen. They have been banned from International Shooting. Both Beretta and Perazzi have stated they are against them. Just let one ambulance chasing attorney get a case of an injury from the use of Rt's and they are gone.

TB

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Oh stop Tbaber. It is just a mechanical system. Hair triggers fail and firing pins hang up. That is why we keep a loaded gun pointed downrange. A lawyer makes his money because he goes after folks that have it. Any gun accident is subject to these basic rules.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I painted 3 trap houses last week, all shot by pull triggers. Only fools, or guys really tired of getting beat by them, are afraid of release triggers.

5. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Release triggers are our friend.

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Keep that can of paint available for the culprits to paint over their mistakes.
    If they won't, put their name on the pattern. They will only make that mistake once.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Yep, I built 2 of them so I guess I get to paint them. Hate to burst you bubble buckey but pull triggers shoot most of them.

8. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Release triggers should be banned. Counter intuitive. That makes them dangerous.

No gun we grew up with had a release trigger.

No military rifle or side arm in the world has a release trigger.

I doubt that you could name any club renting a release trigger shotgun.

Release triggers are a deviation from the established norm in the use of a dangerous weapon.

In all those clubs where JB has not yet worked, they leave signature patterns... on the front of the house. More so than pull triggers. By accident.

9. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I know all kinds of guys that are afraid of going to a release trigger but they shot a bow with their fingers for years. It is the exact same move with your fingers and bows were around guns a few hundred years before guns.

Terry.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Let's see, we have line loc in drag racing, slingshots as kids, bow and arrow, blowguns, clutches in cars, clutches on motorcycles, all those kind of counterintuitive things. It's all the fault of the British, didn't they invent the bow and arrow to defend the castles?

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The date on the original post is a dead giveaway.

HM

12. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

you don't say ............

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

1957 I agree with your last post. Maybe the shooting Gods should look at "accidential discharge" the way other shooting disiplines do. One and your done for the day. By the wat, there was a fella on a squad with me shooting a pull trigger that had four "ads" on one trap at the Southern Grand. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata rules for release triggers