1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Uncommon Sense

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Claymuncher, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

The last thread about common sense in the ATA brought out a lot of what is bad about the ATA executives and board members. Have they done anything at all right? I thought it might be to easy to overlook any good steps they have taken lately. Positive actions that we are not readily aware of that have been established recently.

They must have had some positive affect on something?

CM

2. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

The silence is telling on so many different levels.......

CM

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tells me your thread is about as creative as a Tuna Fish sandwich. You started a thread and then waited a whole 37 minutes before making an assumption. Personally I think it was a poor attempt at stirring the pot.

4. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

grntitan : What : Does everything have to be about stirring some kind of pot. I would really like thoughts on the OP not sandwich comparisons. I like tuna fish!

CM

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I for one, think the ATA does OK. Is it perfect...nope...could it use some improvement...absolutely. If you want a change, do something to get your ideas across. Complaining here is just that...complaining. Might try talking in a business like manner to your delegate at the next opportunity (they are usually at many of the larger shoots). You might be surprised.

As long as we are promoting our OWN ideas: All handicap should shot from the 27 with classes based on averages, similar to singles/doubles.

Ok... off the soapbox and back to the usual nonsense I post here.

6. Shawn

Shawn Member

CM

I appreciate all the effort put forth by the Delegates, BOD and EC. I believe they do a pretty thankless job.

When I go to a shoot I don't see distrust and disrepect for the BOD and EC that is shown by a few on this site.

JMHO YMMV

Good Shooting

Shawn McNeil

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They do a lot better than the National Police Combat Association.

Oh, ok, the NRA competitions division....

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There is an old adage - paraphrasing... "it's the devil you know..." The ATA is nearly a 125 years old... not some whippersnapper! There is a century of baggage that comes with each birthday...

I like the National Trapshooting Day promotion, but it could be done bigger and better with more national support from the ATA... akin to the promotion offers by National Hunting and Fishing Days...

I think they made a good move to Sparta... Obviously with assets growing, the stewardship of ATA funds has been diligent.

We don't pay alot for membership, but with $10MM "in the bank" what are they sitting on that nest-egg for?! If a concerted marketing effort that might cost a $1 and in-turn create a $20 membership (20x)... that's better than earning 5% interest (1/20 of a $1)...

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water... just change the water...

Jay

9. romie

romie Active Member

I would bet the delagates spend a lot of there free time for the good of ATA. You may not like every decision but you, whoever you may be were not voted on to represent your state. Might be a reason.
    Monty McGee

10. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Being critical here is about as effective as yelling at your keyboard. This is just bitching by some with merit, but most without a dog in the fight. Has little effect at the ATA level, only offers a platform to those that are so irrelevant that they tend to be more outrageous than critical. Anger management could help.

The ATA consists of a small minority of elected officials and dedicated volunteers. With good intentions as well as experience enough to understand traditions in the sport. All would do most anything to improve the game and participation. Most are also present or previous business professionals. That in itself is key, the only acceptable way to addres these people....professionally. Post a rant or proposal here has zero effect. Lacks ethics and credibility. Address issues with proper or at least acceptable protocol. Roberts Rules of Order seems important in the grand scheme. As well as direct access to ATA officials.

Other than that, its just an opinion from one peckerwood to another. Few care what you think. Those few are here on this site. They matter little, you maybe less.

Maltz

11. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

LOL

Of course grn had absolutely nothing to add again on a thread.

He had the opportunity to post positive things as asked by the OP. What would you expect? Maybe the OP will hook the BIGFISH.

12. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Maltz, I notice the OSTA leaders are extremely forthcoming with any information or questions on this site.

13. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Spitter,

You posted "I think they made a good move to Sparta... Obviously with assets growing, the stewardship of ATA funds has been diligent."

Didn't you know one third of a million dollars was donated to help attendance at Sparta and there was only a net gain of 7 shooters. Presently only about half the number attend Sparta as compared to Vandalia's peak.

$100,000 , a building, and a deed to the land was offered for the Hall of Fame. It was turned down but...

Of course with those decisions you would say they have been "diligent."

14. missed some

missed some TS Member

Uh oh nameisjohn poked his head out of the ohio hole he lives in. isnt it strange how most of the negative shit said has two things in common. either it is comments from people who dont even shoot. or they are from ohio....

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The ATA is a good organization. The people at the helm are all well meaning folks that love the sport as well as I. They are unappreciated just like all folks who give of their time for the good of the order......... .....................but...........the time has come to take a hard look at their purpose.

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

"Uh oh nameisjohn poked his head out of the ohio hole he lives in. isnt it strange how most of the negative shit said has two things in common. "either it is comments from people who dont even shoot. or they are from ohio...."

Or most likely both!

17. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

And if it weren't for Mr Fishburn, what would Ohio have?

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Just for Joe the crybaby from Ohio. Can't wait until they sign that 99 year extension.

19. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

RickN,

You make a great point. Those in Ohio owe much to Mr. Fishburn. If you ever attend one of the Cardinal shoots please ask an Ohioan how much they appreciate Mr. Fishburn. I have had the opportunity to personally thank him. The OSTA and Mr. Fishburn host shoots that are growing while most are foundering.

But I also ask you, what would the ATA have without Ohio? Maybe the ATA doesn't need Ohio?

20. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Grn,

I don't care about a 99 year extension.

I am still waiting for you to answer OP question. Again you have nothing to offer but name calling. Troll on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.