1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA TROPHY REBATE CHECK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

I was just issued a check for $50.00 for a ATA Trophy. The trophy was for Handicap champion. Thank You ATA, but I do not shoot for the trophies. Honestly the trophy does not look that bad. My opinion or suggestion for next year just use a standardized trophy of a wood carving of the state you are from and write the title on it. Thank you, ATA.
    Michael Sharkey, DC

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey Mike...

Remember the old saying: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"...

Enjoy the fifty!!

Curt

3. shark1

shark1 Member

Curt,
    Money is tight for every one out there, and for the ATA. The state delegates have a lot of work too run a state shoot. IMHO lets keep costs down , and aggravation for the state delegates down. I did say "Thank you' for the check. I feel a standarized trophy could make things a lot less aggravating and cheaper for the ATA.
    Michael Sharkey, DC

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Your $50.00 donation to the DTA will be appreciated...

Curt

5. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I wish more shooters had your attitude and were more accepting of the trophies they win. It is a big and difficult job to pick out and order trophies for 57 state/provincal shoots plus each of the satelite grands. There was a mis-understanding about what was ordered and what was received, so the ATA issued the rebate. Shooters pay into a club for trophies and the winners should receive a certain "value". The ATA is just trying to make sure each winner got the full value.

6. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

I too received a $50 check for my Handicap championship trophy from the Missouri State Shoot, thank you ATA for the extra money, i did not complain, i was plenty happy with the eagle i got. Just happy to shootoff against my friend and teammate in the Handicap Championship was all the trophy i needed.

Thank You ATA,
    Chris Gerber 06 11017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.