1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA to get nothing for Ohio Property?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The latest rumor is that the "best offer" that the ATA has been given is zero and it has a time limit- is the property will be taken back with pollution (ie lead and or other contamination) and the ATA wont have to pay cleanup

so the net offer is zero with no futher prosecution of environmental issues

Is this a good verison of what the situation is?

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

I don't know that it was zero, Gene...but I do recall the ATA being pretty happy with the offer of no environmental liability.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Gene, the ATA got in the neighborhood of 2.2 million for its property in Vandalia. Where did you hear that rumor?

Neil

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Gene,

At the moment, Denny and I aren't members or shooters either, according to the ATA website...so listen to Neil.

5. Neil Winston

"Chinaman's," Lit.

Neil

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

2007 PC, "Asians"

7. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Den,

No kidding? Since the calendar turned over, I'm cleaning the change out of my car to scrape my dues together, too...everybody better freakin' hide...I swapped triggers last night, and no traphouse will be safe. Pat is going to put me in "D" at Middletown since I've been off exactly a year...so you can just get ready for a pissy thread about a D-class 27 yarder who hit the Lewis in Singles for a pair of 92's.

(flame suit on...I'll soon be $17.27 richer, so I can take it).

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Oh,stop fooling around, a chink's chance

That's not the first time Neil has stated the disposition of the property, a lawyer would pay more attention.

9. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Probably "heard" that rumor from one of the sour grapes bunch. And Gene, I am surprised that you are paying any attention to any rumor. The proof is in the pudding. John

10. hagar85

hagar85 TS Member

My question: If the ATA was paid $2.2 mil for Ohio property, where is the money? What was (or will) it be used for? What happened to the relocation fee, and what was it used for? Does anyone have public answers for these questions? If so, I haven't seen or heard any.

Just a rank and file shooter.

11. Neil Winston

The money is in the bank, H85, except for half a million in escrow pending our final cleanup which has been delayed by lots of rain all summer. It will be used to make more money, at least for a while. The relocation fee was used up in buying 125 Pat Traps. All this money, its location, value, and where, specifically, it is invested is in the audited financial statement which is given to each member of the Board of Directors each year.

Neil

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Wow, right from the Prez's mouth.

You know Neil, if you keep posting facts on here it's going to seriously limit what people can speculate and complain about.

13. g7777777

Thanks Neil

that dispels that rumor- and it was from a pretty good source

Gene

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

With all the clubs being "mined" for the high cost lead I'd think that if the ATA had Vandalia mined one more time the clean up cost would pay for itself. I don't know for certain but I'd think the recovery of the shot would be a good thing. Dan

15. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Dah, Lead, "a renewable crop?" maybe that should be duh!

16. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i like that. the truth ,facts and direct answers for the ata members. Futhermore if you have a complaint this guy will listen. Neil is the man.

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Does a conventional mining operation constitute a "clean-up" in the eyes of the EPA? I recall the Phoenix club found lead 6 feet deep when they were cleaning the area.

18. g7777777

No it doesnt-- all the EPA cares about is the concentration of lead in the soil- the gold standard currently is less than 400 parts per million which is impossible to do with mining alone

The problem is particulate lead and dust and even primers generate that- and then you have the perculation effect through the soil

That is why the "rumor" sounded viable: that the sale proceeds would be returned

Gene

19. deereRalph

deereRalph Member

Neil,
    It was my understanding the Pats that are now being used at Ill. are the same that were used in Vandalia before we(ATA)left, So the only cost should be the transport of the machines from one venue to another. Or are they new machines, and what happened to the "old" ones?
    Grif

20. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Those were hand-sets, Grif...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.