1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Target Year Clarification

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

This is not an ATA bashing thread, please don't make it one.

I just noticed that my average card says I'm a member through August, even though the target year now ends in October. For the sake of clarity, I presume I'll renew in October (or thereabouts), correct? Not a big deal, just wondering.

2. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Mine says the same thing I will as my state del.tonight at our league shoot hope he knows.

3. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I talked to my friend Brian Whalen he is the NYS deligate.Brian said it most likely is a misprint but is going to call and find out for sure on friday and will call me and give me a answer.So when I find out I will post the correct answer to the question.

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I have also noticed that the listing of shootsa for our club that the ATA sends to post have our two shoots in Sept. as being in the 2009 target year. We added a shoot later on and even the next updated one had the same thing along with a notice that they are in the process of updating their system. Me, I keep holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, they are going to correct their mistake at The Grand and leave it the way it was. That would explain this average card and shoot notice thing, wouldn't it?

Tim

5. trapper08

trapper08 TS Member

I spoke with the someone at the ATA today. They explained the card might say until August but the average cards are good until the end of the target year. Renewals and everything will be pushed back until the 2008 target year is finished. So it might say August but it will go thru the end of this year. Just a minor glitch with the new target year change this year. Thanks ATA office for being so helpful and making this clear!

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Ok, I'm cornfused when does the target year end?

7. primed

primed Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that there will be a proposal to change it back to end of August at the meeting in Sparta and that the proposal should easily pass.

Bob

8. zinger

zinger Member

Bob, we (in the northeast)can only pray to the TrapGod that what you said is true. If the girls in the office are so busy after the Grand to get out the new average cards, then mail them out in January! Hell, mail mine whenever you feel like it, I don't need an "offical" card to keep track of my scores, the ATA does that for me online! Whatever the "real" reason for the change is, using the girls in the office as an excuse is as low as you can go....

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I personally prefer 7-1/2's v. 8's....

Hope this helps!

Curt

10. bocephus

bocephus Member

Shouldn't the target year end at the Grand? Would only seem proper. I think they should move the Grand south and have it in late October/early November also

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be a big deal for the ATA to fix. Just type in the date prior to the change and hit the restore button on the ATA computer. HMB

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Cna't ya just feel the luv?

Hasn't this dead horse been beaten enough already....get over it!!

Curt

13. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I just got the call from my state del.He informed me that it is a misprint and everyone is good to go untill the end of sep. this year.The new target year starts oct1 of this year. hope this helps everyone out.

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

SR1: Not unless there has been more than one misprint the ATA told us at the beginning of the year that the target year this year ends the 1st of Nov!!!!!!!

Simone are you sure you have it right you said "The purpose here is hopefully those who are in charge of making decisions that affect trapshooters and read here would learn what a dumb decision they made and correct it." that is interesting. Do you suppose that out of the 30,000 plus shooter that belong to the ATA that those that are in charge are going to start making decisions. In accordance with what the 100 or so shooters that post here have to say on matters of such great importance??????????

YA Right.

Bob Lawless

15. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I was told by my state del.that it ends the last day of sept now why in the h@#l would they end a target year on the first day of any month and start the new year on the 2nd day of the same month.Oh and while I,m at it why dont we start the new target year on valentines day.If you dont like the time of year it starts then call or write your state del.soon so they can vote the way the majority in their state want.

16. ivanhoe

SR1 I stand corrected I should have said begins the 1st of November.

What it actually says is.

"The 2008 target year runs from September 1, 2007 thru October 31, 2008;
    after that the target year shall be November 1 thru October 31. Scores
    shot at any tournament ending after October 31, regardless of starting
    date, will be included in the following year’s averages."

This is a direct quote from the ATA Rulebook.

BTW this is a good suggestion "If you dont like the time of year it starts then call or write your state del." Because the annual meeting is at the Grand. All that is need is an adjustment of target requirements for the Grand.

Bob Lawless

17. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I might have been wrong on the end of the target year so if I am sorry on my part.

18. ivanhoe

Tal/IL wrote:

"the ATA is more than happy to make sweeping changes that affect all those 30,000 plus shooters in order to satisfy the whims of far fewer than 100"

Are those "whims of far fewer than 100" found here? If so how do you explain the recent controversy over the Target Year change?

I think you maybe should come up with some facts to support that.

Bob Lawless

19. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

At this year's Pa state shoot we signed so that or delegate could take it back for the meeting at the grand hopefully they will change it back the way it was!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata target year