1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA, SPARTA, and HAMPTON

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

If I was the type to say I told you so this might be the time. I've had Ann post a Sparta News Paper piece for anyone who cares.

I'll be interested in your comments. Brad

braddysinger_2008_03037.jpg

braddysinger_2008_03038.jpg

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Hell, if they keep going this way they will be as bad as Dayton in another 100 years.

jim brown

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

That honeymoons over...

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Relocating the Home offices was a bad decision in my opinion from the get go.
    And then Mike Hampton drove the spear into the heart of the City of Sparta on charging them $5,000 to have table in the events center, when in the past it was free.

How much would that be per Sq.Ft. for rent for the Grand?

Now Sparta wants Sales Tax for sales at the Grand.

Way to go Mike Hampton, nice way to make enemies out of the friendlies in Sparta.

We are now obligated for another 10 years on top of what is left on the Sparta Grand American Site.

Maybe the NSSCA assoc. might want to get involved w/their money HaHa.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Move to Sparta, way overdue. Everything should be where the big shoot will be held.

6. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I'm sorry I missed a part of the article, the part about ATA President Mike Hampton, maybe the most important part if I'm going to say I told you so. Here it is. Brad Dysinger

[​IMG]

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brad,

I don't have the time DELETED stirring but be sure to include the two most recent newspaper articles on this subject. The first includes the news that the Sparta/ATA matter was resolved and Sparta will have a booth at the Grand this year.

Second include the article from Ron House of the State of Illinios on how the WSRC is now operating at a profit. They will be adding two more berms for a pistol range and rifle range for the public and the Sparta National Guard as well as local law enforcement agencies to train.

Carry on with your non-productive DELETED. You would make a great left wing media journalist.

P.S. How is your anti ATA organization coming along?

8. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

I really have no idea what article some of you are reading. The ATA is attempting to protect your money. And stating if Sparta wants to puff up its chest and get greedy they will pay for advertising like everyone else.

This always happens when a real business works with a small town. If anyone in Sparta-berg has any business experience at all they better quickly have a chat with the tobacco spitting council, or that town will be back to filling potholes with left over oatmeal.

9. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

WE are in Sparta not anywhere else, the time for bitching is long past!

Ron Schroer 90-03875
    Sun City, Texas

10. Dieselman

Dieselman TS Member

Ah. Hampton to the rescue, again. Have any of you paid attention to his style? Hit them with a baseball bat, blame the EC and then ride in a rescue the situation and puff-up and let everyone know how great he is.

Now that the ATA is committed to Sparta, the tax issues and other revenue generating tactics of Sparta and the State of Illinois are just beginning. The Grand American and, now, the ATA will be much worse off for the move.

Just remember Bradley tried to warn you and I do hope that the OSTA is serious about starting an optional choice just in case the EC fumbles whatever opportunities are left to choose from.

11. PaShooter

PaShooter Member

Guess the shooters are fair game now since the marriage seems to be over...let the fleecing begin!!

Paul H
    Imperial, PA

12. missed some

missed some TS Member

Guess i didnt know mike was ata president

13. Don S

Don S Member

Good grief, give it a rest.

14. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

FlaLagarto, What info did Matt post?

grntitan, print the artiles you mention and let the trapshooters.com posters see for themselves. Forgive me if I don't believe you but you and all the sparta worshipers have been wrong on everything to date so why would I believe you this time?

All I did was reprint an article that was sent to me by one of the many ATA trap shooters that are fed up with what is going on, and once again Mike Hampton is right at the center.

The reason I said I told you so is because I have over and over and I continue to be proven right by the EC and Hampton.

If and when one of you're rosey Sparta, ATA predictions come true you too can say I told you so.

Brad Dysinger

15. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

grntitan The newspaper articles that Brad posted are the same information that I received last night in an email from a trapshooting friend from Canada. If you have some documented informaton that is more up to date post it. I"m sure a lot of shooters would like to read the information.

It is a while until the grand, but I feel that the Sparta Chamber should be able to have their information area free of charge as they give a great amount of information to the shooters and shooter's families about the area.

Barring something unforseen this year will be my 69th grand to attend and my 57th consecutive grand to compete.

Dave Berlet

16. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I think you're missing the really big news. The yellow highlighted area names Mike Hampton ATA President!!!! Wow!!

Bob

17. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Dieselman, sorry I missed you, yes The OSTA is preparing for the collapse of the ATA, We have all the records (scores) for the Ohio State Shoot going back to 1994. Stuart has given us the ability to cross register if we want to.

At our last meeting we discussed what we need to do and are activly heading in that direction. If the ATA was to decertify an Ohio shoot we could pick up and run with it. Of course if the ATA did that they wouldn't be receiving any daily fees from that shoot.

I personally don't think we need a new association because the OSTA works just fine and any other state that wants to follow could just roll into the OSTA until the shooters wants and needs could be addressed sort of an articals of confederation type deal.

missed some, I guess Mike needed the presidents gun. Brad Dysinger

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Brad. Why would you care? With respect you're spearheading the creation of a new trapshooting organization aren't you? You will soon find out that you will need shooters from both organizations if you succeed.

You'll be far more successful if you act like a good guy than a man with a chip on his shoulder. That's good advice and I wish you and your supporters well in your new endeavor.

19. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

<i>You'll be far more successful if you act like a good guy than a man with a chip on his shoulder.</I>

More like an axe to grind. Good insight.

Bryan

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brad,

First of all as I said early in my post I do not have time for you shit stirring parade. I am at the Hospital having some tests and I'm reading you and your buddies normal bullshit on my IPhone. We all know you are the great predictor and are still wearing bundled panties after the Grand and now the ATA abandoned your home. The fact is you guys just can't let it die. Why do you care anyway? You don't go to the Grand and you despise the ATA. So leave it alone already.

I will tell you this. The article you posted is dated. How many weeks old is that newspaper now? Have your buddy in Canada that has Sparta papers post the cities news from the "most recent papers" that came out the end of this last week(I believe dated March 22nd) which I have already pitched.I don't keep old newspapers unless my sons are in them for some achievement. I certainly don't save them to stir the pot. In it is the Sparta City council news which states the Sparta COC has resolved the issue with the ATA and will have booth at the Grand as they always have. Usually when you are gonna start a witch hunt, you make sure you have the full and most recent story. Am I wrong? Now, the article in which I said Ron House has stated the WSRC is now making a profit is in the March 22nd County Journal which I didn't get until Saturday and I believe is still laying on the table at home. I'll post that article later. As for you not believing me, frankly I could care a less. Honestly you and your buddies with your sour grapes are hilarious. Kinda reminds me of the early grade school my dad will beat up yours stuff.

So you know, the Southern IL and Southeastern MO area is very rich with young shooters. What I said long ago about this area picking up where you guys quit is starting to take shape. See the thread about too many kids/shooters at local shoots thread. It tells of local clubs being over-run with too many shooters. The shooters are a high percentage of kids that can't get enough Trap. I would say I told you so but that's your game.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata sparta illinois