1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Shoots at Durand Sportsmen's Association

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nes, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nes

nes TS Member

ATA Shoots at Durand Sportsmen

Hey all this is Nancy Sine. I run the shoots at Durand Sportsmen's Association. If you have been to one of my shoots can you give me a comment on them please? Was thinking about giving it up because of political internal bullcrap at my club but love it and all the shooters. Let me know your opinion. Thank you.

2. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Nancy,

I for one would like to thank you for taking on such a thankless pain in the butt job, it takes a special person to do all that is required to make a gun club operate.

The effort that you and Mike have put forth has not gone un-noticed and what ever decision you choose I for one will respect both of you.

As for comments about the shoots for the most part they are pretty well run, I think sometimes mixing up the program or maybe a marathon might be a new twist? But I am only one person and for the most part am pretty happy.

Fred J.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Wow that's a shock. Durand has always been a favorite stopping off point for this trapshooter! Economics have hit many of us but the folks at Durand have continued to provide a great venue for a great shooting sport!

Jim Chapman

Hell Michigan

4. JOND

JOND TS Member

Nancy-digger1dog pretty much states what I and the majority of shooters at Durand feel about how you run the shoots. I am glad you and Mike have taken on the duties and would continue,but respect your decisions. I would like to personally thank you for the warm reception given to Andy on his first time ever ATA shoot! Regards,Jon

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Nancy,

From a person who has held your current position at another club, I can completely understand your frustration. I think P3AT hit it right on the head. If you have a board filled with pistol shooters, rifle and shotgun sports ultimately get kicked to the curb. If rifle shooters run the board, Pistol and Shotgun do. It's a never ending cycle that goes on year after year at most clubs. If you're doing well, they want to spend what you're making. If your're doing poorly, they want to shut you down.

I have always enjoyed the shoots your club has put on regardless of who was running them. Durand SC has alwas been a class act and really puts the shooters first in my opinion. As evidenced by the turn out at your shoot last Saturday, I'd say folks are pretty pleased with what you guys are doing. If they weren't, I wouldn't have had to look so hard for a parking spot when I got there. Please continue the great job you are doing.

If you take a look around, there are a couple clubs not far from you that are in trouble for letting their programs get run into the ground and they still don't understand why. You guys get it and that's a huge plus!!! See you at the next shoot!

Jeff Klueger
    Howell

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

This needs to go back up.

TTT

Jeff

7. JOND

JOND TS Member

Nancy-I forgot to say:Look at the number of "top guns" that shot last Saturday.Sad to say I'm not one of them,but I always have a good time trying!! Needless to say they certainly wouldn't show up where there is poor management and poorly thrown targets. JON

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If I hadn't been scheduled for Saturday O.T, I'd have been there!!

(pays the shooting bills, right!)

Jim C

9. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

Nancy, I have never been to your club but from one person who holds a thankless position to another, if you decide to continue to throw targets I will be there and will recruit as many trapshooting friends that I can find to come with me.

ANY SHOOT IN WHICH MANAGEMENT IS CONCERNED MORE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE SHOOT RATHER THAN THE QUANTITY OF THE BIRDS THEY THROW IS ONE THAT I WOULD LOVE TO BE AT.

Good Luck in your decision making process and I look forward to meeting you at one of your upcoming shoots!

Frankin Darryl Hayes

10. nes

nes TS Member

Well thank you for your comments. It is good to know what others think. I am very happy the shoots are enjoyed.

11. nes

nes TS Member

It would be great to see you there fdeisel! Bring your friends the more the merrier!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

darryl hayes trapshoot

darryl hayes trapshooting