Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATA Shooter survey IMPORTENT

5K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  cnjranch 
#1 ·
Yeah, and it is "Important" too.

Seriously though, everyone who shoots ATA should take this survey. It addresses almost all of the common discussions and arguments aired on this forum. Now is your chance to give your opinion.

#2 ·
Although I agree with the importance of taking the survey, I thought there were some questions that had little significance and more questions that should have been asked. Perhaps in the next survey.

Not to be too critical though, it's a beginning of communicating with the membership and if you care about registered trapshooting competition then your participation in this first attempt will go a long way to convincing the ED and EC that you are willing to work with them.

I encourage the ATA to keep up the good work and continue the effort.

#7 ·
I got the email. I'm not sure why/how as I do not recall giving them my email address. Never the less, I took the survey. I agree a few more pressing subjects could have been added but its certainly a step in the right direction.

#10 ·
"I never got the email, nor do I visit the ATA site much. Even when I do, I never check the general information header."

If anyone took the survey how could they make statements such as above. The entire last question was dedicated to the subject of the statements.

Just ask the ATA about subscribing to PostOne.

Bob Lawless

#12 ·
There were any number of questions that were skewed to elicit a desired perspective... It would have been nice had they offered a final inquiry question... allowing us to submit a narrative on what we think are problems instead of them asking us to confirm what they think are problems...

Jay

#13 ·
Bob, Since you directed your comment at me, I will clarify.

I doubt 10% of the trapshooters frequent the ATA website. So, how are they going to know about the survey if they don't get an email, see it on TS.com, or hear about from other shooters?

I was at 2 clubs this weekend, and it was never mentioned.

#15 ·
The last poll (survey) they took was about the move to Sparta as I recall and it showed members against it hands down, hope this poll does more good ... Maybe this is the new ATA, hope so ...

Be intersting to know who or where the questions came from ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#18 ·
I didn't know about the survey, either, from the ATA website but it showed up in an email sent to me. I'm glad to have the chance to answer the survey and all ATA shooters should seek out the survey and submit their answers.

I don't know if the survey is the idea of our Exec. Director, Lynn Gipson, or the EC, but it's a step in the right direction. They have a difficult task of addressing the slowly decreasing interest in our great sport, and the survey shows a willingness to see what the shooter's response is to some issues.

Seek out the survey - respond to the survey.

#19 ·
"I doubt 10% of the trapshooters frequent the ATA website. So, how are they going to know about the survey if they don't get an email"

SM if including a quote means I directed my comments toward you. Then I prefer to think that I directed my comment toward you because you made the comment to begin with!!!!! Since you chose to take this farther than the statements I made I will respond further by saying.

They would know if they receive a membership card in the mail. That is how the ATA got my email a few years ago when they announced the ATA newsletter.

In the envelope with my average card was a piece of paper that told about the newsletter. It also said that if I wanted to receive PostOne to send a email address to the ATA. It wasn't difficult, I don't understand why no one seems to remembers it. They certainly seem to remember to complain long and loud about the fact that their membership card didn't show up the day after they paid for it.

You said you doubted that 10% frequented the ATA website. I doubt that 10% frequent this website. Yet there never seems to be a lack of them complaining about all types of ATA issues. Oddly enough you among them. Yet you never stay in touch with what you have a passion for finding fault with!!!!!

I guess I just don't understand how anyone can complain about the association they voluntarily pay dues to. Yet they make no effort to find out what they are complaining about. Amazing!!!!!!

The link provided above takes anyone that clicks on it right to the newsletter, well at least the last one posted. Oh I forgot no one goes there right.

Well it reminds me of eating, the meal can be put right in front of you. If you don't take the responsibility of shoveling the food into your own mouth you won't reap the benefits of the meal.

In your original post you said and I quote again.

"I never got the email, nor do I visit the ATA site much. Even when I do, I never check the general information header."

Now in your second post you are saying to me and I quote again.

"I doubt 10% of the trapshooters frequent the ATA website. So, how are they going to know about the survey if they don't get an email"

Now it is THEY it is not I any longer it is THEY. Well the words that come to mind are STAY IN TOUCH!!!!! You might learn what is going on.

Bob Lawless

#22 ·
Bob, (Ivanhoe)....Wake up little buddy. Those of us with families and jobs do not consider the ATA a primary concern. All of us have differnet expectations. In my case, I've been shooting ATA targets since around 94'. How about you? How many ATA targets have you shot in the last 5 years?

I've seen the ATA do little to support the membership or even try to find out what the members think. and that's why I don't bother much with their website.

Mostly gobbledy ****, little substance.

#23 ·
I don't know who's responsible for the survey but I suspect it could be accredited to Lynn Gipson. He has always had the shooters' interest in mind and we have the chance to open the doors of communication between we "Joe and Jane" shooters and the ATA.

Regardless of how contact is made or missed ..... do your best to find the survey and begin the process. Regardless of your feelings about the ATA it would be disingenuous not to. We've been begging them to communicate with us ...... now you have that chance.

It will be up to the ATA, however, to follow up with us and show that they are truly listening.

#24 ·
"How many ATA targets have you shot in the last 5 years?"

You know damn well how many I have shot. This has what to do with your indigence because in your words "I never got the email"

The rest of your post is excuses, excuses, and more excuses. How many shoot day have you worked for a club(s) in the last five years. Oh ya thats right you got a family and a job. You don't consider the ATA a primary concern. yet you found it concern enough for this little bi*ch.

"I've seen the ATA do little to support the membership or even try to find out what the members think."

No concern, I understand after all it take me all of about 10-15 minutes to check the website for any updates!!!!! Great excuse....LOL You know with out even knowing it I would be able to tell you are from Ohio.

Have a good day I will waste no more time on a waste.

Bob Lawless

#25 ·
I did the survey and found it was weighted to illicit favorable answers to certain question causing me to pass by on a few of them. My thought, there should have been additional choices for a number of questions along with a comment section for member feedback.

Regarding e-mailing members, I thought but was apparently misguided that the ATA had my e-address on file as, I received no survey notification via e-mail. I believe strongly the ATA management should be compiling e-mail addresses of all members and should have online registration portal to gather this information along with making it a part of membership renewal application.

The survey is a great start by the ATA in what my be a new approach to membership relations.

Surfer

#26 ·
I took the survey.

Lot's of loaded questions.

Needed a comment box at the end.

I use the Shooter info center to look up averages on our kids before squadding fo major youth shoots.

The AIM website is useless. Months pass between updates. Never any Info for coaches. I have sent them all the info trequested to get listed on the coach list for my state, 3 years ago and still not added to list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.