1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Shooter Information Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eagleonePA, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

I went to the ATA Shooter Information Center. There still not updated. The last date shown for Me is Dec 3. Checked out a couple of Friends, they also are stuck on Dec. 3. Anyone else from PA having the same problem ?
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

2. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

I believe it was Neil who told us that the system was going to be tested this past weekend, and up and running today. So far that hasn't happened, but giving them the benefit of doubt, the day isn't over....yet...lol

3. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Golly Gee !! The day is almost over and Shooter Information Center still is not updated. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

4. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

:eek:)top (o:

5. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Well it's Tue. and the ATA SIC still not updated.

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have been shooting registered targets since the fall of 1975. No ATA web site then. I have got along without it for many years.Guess it won't cause me any problems now. I just need to get shooting.hope all are in the south shooting are enjoying them selves. Some of us are thinking of you.Florida & Arizona.it is definately a cold morning in southwestern Ontario. Damn Cold
    Take Care.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Confused, I have the shooter information web site under my favorites. When I go to it, the info is not current.

Going to the ATA web site (home page) and using the link to the shooter information, I get a different graphic display. The info is up to date and current. (??????????????)

Frank

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Are you going to the right web site? There are two, one is new and one is old, one is updated and one is not. HMB

9. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

How do You get to the new one ?
    Bill Ivins

10. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Try that link eagle.

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's a fragment from an email I just received. Bit by bit everything people , including NW, hated is being put right and brought up to current IT standards.

"any change made on the ATA database is now live on the web within 60 seconds... Everything BUT shooter info data, still working on that. Test 'er out! Make a small change to a gun club or something and watch it appear on the web! "

The job of updating our IT was finally turned over, lock, stock, and barrel to techpro and there was huge backlog of unaddressed needs. We've now got a new server, SQL 2005, training for our office staff, and a general blowing out of the cobwebs which had accumulated over the years "because it was working" even though updating was so cumbersome doing everything twice that it often never got done. techpro has cut back duplicated work to no more than the temporary pause in the SIC, and that's coming soon.

The first version of SIC will look like the old one, even after you put in your password. Then they've got the All-American point system to automate, and then it's back to the SIC so:

1) After the password (which you will be able to change so you can remember it) is entered

2) You will get a printout that looks like the one from the office: all organized on a page (or more) and no more of that maddening clicking through multiple pages with six scores each as we have to do now.

Believe me, it will have been worth it! Just bear with us a little while more . . .

When it's done we'll all owe a lot of thanks to ATA Marketing, our office staff, and techpro. They've all worked like the devil on this.

Neil

12. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

C'mon Neil. I expect much more for my life membership money. If the ATA doesn't upgrade to SQL 2007 I refuse to go to Sparta.

13. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Sounds great. Thanks for the info Neil. Jim

14. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

David, it was partly your advice that moved us to where we are now so don't back out in sight of the finish line . . .

Neil

15. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Thanks for the info. I was beginning to think My scores weren't turned in,we are dealing with 4 different clubs and I figured that all 4 couldn't be missing. But I will have to be patient.

16. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

:eek:)top(-:

17. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

18. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

19. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

20. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Thread Status: