1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Shoot @ Ft Lee VA 27 July

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gavin, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I'm new to the area and I would like to know what the program for the shoot at Ft Lee VA on Sunday, 27 July is? When does registration open, shooting start and is lunch available. I understand the club is on an Army post are there any special access requirements and any other details a first time visitor to the club may need to know.

Thank you.
    Gavin

2. vatrap

vatrap Member

Gavin,
    The trap and skeet fields are off of Avenue C, ask at the gate and they will give you directions. Registration starts at 9am, lunch is occasionally available, but best to bring your own. The last time I went, you just had to show your drivers license at the gate, but be prepared with your vehicle registration and car insurance if requested. Program us usually 100 targets each -16s, Handicap and Doubles. Find Bob Levy when you get there.

Mike

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Gavin ... when entering a military instalation it is best to have your gun cased and in the trunk or back of your vehicle. Have your drivers license ready for them to see and when you hand it to them tell them where you are going.

If you have a permit for CC be warned that you will not be allowed to carry on base and it is best if it is locked in the trunk and unloaded. If for some reason they decide to run your license they will know and will ask and possibly search, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Enjoy the event and getting on any base is really not all that hard ... but bring a little grease just to be safe. Sometimes the goat or young mule can be ... well ... I dont think you need to worry about that at Fr Lee.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

A very serious problem with Fort Lee is that Bob Levy runs such a nice shoot you may not want to leave after the shoot is over. But, remaining can be an encumberment.

Pat Ireland

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Mr Ireland ... will you be there?

I'm still waiting to be at the same shoot as you and have you school me on shooting but Ft Lee is out for me on Sunday so ... well ... it really dont matter if your going to be there or not.

So which shoots are you going to be attending this year in northern hemisphere of the state?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.