1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Selling our names for JUNK MAIL ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kolarshooter, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

For over the last year I have been reciving ATA MEMBER Specials in th mail.
    I recieve al least 2 a month for car insurance, home insurance, credit cards and a few other items.

Is the ata making money from this?

If I want something I will do the reaserch and ask for what I want, I do not like being bombarded with junk mail.

Just my gripe for the time being

Thank's

Tom

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've found that if you don't respond, they take the hint - with the exception of Nationwide Insurance. I get mail from them about once a quarter.

Ed

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The ATA probably makes something for selling their membership lists just like the major credit bureaus (Equifax etc.) make money by providing your name to credit card companies when you meet their qualifications for "pre-approved" credit cards.

MK

4. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

I actually wondered about this myself so I asked. My understanding is that the ATA gets both a lump sum payment for making our membership list available and an additional payment for each member that signs up for the offer.

FWIW, I have nationwide insurance and they gave me a 5% discount on both my auto and homeowners insurance just for mentioning the ad.

If the ATA is making money on it, I'm in favor of it. That's just less free guns, meals, hotel rooms, and continued payments to terminated ATA employees that come out of membership dues...but that's probably a topic for a different thread.

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

You think thats bad, when you go to the dr you can sign this HIPA agreement that states the dr will not speak to anyone about your medical condition yet they also sell all your infomation.
    My daughter lives in Boston came home Thanksgiving went to dr, we started getting calls and mail for her here in Florida.

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Maybe,just maybe ATA gets a little kick back. No they would not use under the table ethics?
    Clyde D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.