1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA SEARCH. FLAG BY NAME. ????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Doing a ATA search and I see a US flag names. What does it mean to have a US Flag by someones name?

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

That shooter has earned All American points.

3. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Yep and I do NOT understand how the All American thing works. I have some numbers in my name and some totals on the 'standings' sheet page 25 that don't match the totals on the shoot results reports. The shoot results don't match the trophies I took home and the whole thing confuses the he double stix out of me. On one shoot I have tie/trophy points with the competition factor multiplied for totals and on another shoot I have score points that are not multiplied by the competition factor but which are incomplete ( I think ) because I won 2 events Singles and Doubles preliminary but it only shows the Singles win for points. Plus I took a runnerup trophy and a HAA trophy. I'm new to this sport and at 63 years old I don't have a lot of time to learn the new before it is too late. I know I don't have enough points to make anybody's team but I can't make heads or tails out of what I see. HeH.

Don T

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Don T, you may not have enough points to be on an All American team, but All American points prove that on the day that you shot, well sir you were very competitive. Its an honor to achieve them. Scott

6. flashmax

One was preliminary Singles, Class, Win outright. The other was preliminary Doubles, Category, win by carryover. Runnerup was Singles, Category, Championship and Runnerup HAA was Category. The 3 'score points' were awarded for the Singles class win. Another shoot I took a tie/trophy award for Preliminary Singles Class and Preliminary Handicap runnerup. Total with comp factor there were 15 and the 3 from the other shoot ought to make 18 points but the Standings list has me with 13 points. That's why/what I don't really understand. The discrepancy between the two shoot totals and the standings numbers.

Scott,

Thanks. I shot with and against some very fine people this year and never got 'skunked'. Had an enormous amount of fun doing it too. Made friends with a lot of nice people.

Don T

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Don,

One of your shoots is the Southwestern Zone. Points are only awarded for Zone-wide trophies, unless the site qualifies as an "Other Major Shoot." If some of your trophies were site trophies, then that explains why there were no points awarded.

I don't know when Kathy runs the update for the "standings," but as 870 mentioned, I would expect that to be at a different time and thus explain why the individual points shown for you don't, yet, match the points shown in the standings.

If you have questions, call Kathy Key. Just keep in mind that this is a very busy time in the office.

8. flashmax

Thanks guys. Like I say I don't understand things well enough to know if I need to complain or not ( probably not ) and most times I just need it put in the right words. My ATA delegate is very good at that and my State reps are too so it is really just a matter of getting with them with my questions. Just having those points, the AA and Flag by my name, and the cameraderie of this last year is ALL Good. New target year, new starting place. It won't be quite as easy I don't think to climb from A to AA as it was to climb from C to A in Singles and from D to B in Doubles.

Don T