1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Rules

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JRW, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRW

JRW Member

Can anyone tell me if now or in the past, was there a rule stating a gun club could not have another shoot (say skeet) going on at the same time. When shooting at some clubs we have broken targets crossing in front of the trap shooters. Thanks Jerry

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Shawn...I seem to remember Calgary shutting down the skeet fields when traps 9 and 10 were in use becuase of possible shotfall interference.

Ron

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that there will be no other shoots going on when there is a ATA shoot going on. You may have a practic field but no skeet will be shot. That is what I understand the ATA rules are.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Auctioneer could you please tell us in what section in the rulebook that this rule is listed.

Bob Lawless

5. Auctioneer

Bob, you don't even shoot ATA targets. Why are you even here? I have been told by people who run shoots and by officals at shoots. Why don't you look it up? Your the one who likes to point what you think is wrong out to people.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I shoot ATA at a public facility with 6 fields. We use fields 1,2,& 3 for the tournement. Field 4 is for public trap, field 5 is for public skeet and field 6 is for public 5 stand. No problems with skeet crossers on any of the ATA fields. I think that because all the fields are for either trap or skeet with 7' high concrete walls between them and wider than just a trap field alone is why we don't have any issues.

Eric

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

A club may have such a rule but there is nothing in the ATA rules that would cover this situation.

Pat Ireland

8. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

There is no such rule.

9. JRW

JRW Member

Thank you for the replies. Jerry

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Auctioneer: Now say "Excuse me Bob". Don't be so exact if you don't really know.

Don

11. ivanhoe

Auctioneer

"Bob, you don't even shoot ATA targets."

At present I do not shoot ATA targets for reasons that are my business.

"Why are you even here?"

For the same reason you are because I can be!!!!!!!!

"I have been told by people who run shoots and by officals at shoots. Why don't you look it up?"

Well GEEEEEE if those people told to jump off the clubhouse roof would you? As apparently told wrong. I personally don't care but if you keep listening to some wonderful person that obviously doesn't know what(the h e double hockey stick)they are talking about you will eventually get your fuzzy little butt in trouble.

I didn't look it up because it isn't there and it is very hard to prove a negative. You on the other hand think nothing of believing what ever some dunce tells you. So it was my way of suggesting that you look it up then when you can't find it you would have learned what many of us know. Don't take anyone word for anything that you can prove yourself.

"Your the one who likes to point what you think is wrong out to people."

Well if that is the case then I have lived up to your expectations. So tell me what is the problem. I didn't tell you to make a false statement you did that all on your own. So why are you angry with me??????

Bob Lawless

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There was a situation in Ohio during a zone shoot and thee club owner was told they had to stop shooting skeet because the zone shoot was going on. Could the OSTA do this?

If it is not stated in the rule book, how was this interperated?

The gun club manager was mad at loss of revenue, can you blame him?

I attended the zone shoot and saw no problem with the Skeet Shooters.

This happened about 5 years ago or more.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm with Pat, "...there is nothing in the ATA rules that would cover this situation." However, I can certainly expect the likelihood that other games that could/may interfere with a trap shoot would be closed at most clubs.......Bob Dodd

14. ivanhoe

Top Single DT10 there is also nothing that says that the club should shut down any part of it club while a trap shoot is in progress. Especially if that skeet shoot makes money for the club.

They have a perfect right to run their club in their best interest whether the trap shooters like it or not. Even if they are allowing it for Skeeters.

Bob Lawless

15. Auctioneer

I have never seen anyone shoot skeet while a ATA event has been going on. I have how ever seen people come up and ask if they could and they have been turned away. Now Please explain that.

16. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

TS DT10

Aloha also means hello and I love you, be careful about its use.

Jason

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Auctioneer wrote:

"I have never seen anyone shoot skeet while a ATA event has been going on. I have how ever seen people come up and ask if they could and they have been turned away. Now Please explain that."

There's nothing to explain. Different clubs have different rules. The point is that the ATA does not address the issue.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ata rules for trap
ata rules for trap shooting
ata trap field regulations

ata trap rules

ata trap rules and regulations

ata trap shooting rules

atashooting rules