1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Rulebook Changes Sept. 1, 2011

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by atraphead, Aug 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atraphead

atraphead Member

What were the old fees?

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

$2 daily, $1 big-50.

3. AlanM

AlanM Member

Why the rate increase? Where is the extra money needed and where is it going?

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

ATA corporate 747..

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If I don't have to go out of town for work, I will be shooting every weekend in Sept (one is a three day shoot) so that is 9 daily fees for a total increase of 9 bucks. not counting any warm-ups, I will fire 2,600 shells. One shoot is a 3 day go-away shoot so hotel, meals, and extra fuel will apply. Targets will average about 26 bucks a hundred. Then there is the cost and wear and tear going back and forth to MD a half a dozen times for the other shooting days. I also have to spend a vacation day for the Westy Hogans. Compared to all that, the extra buck per day does not even make the list.

6. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

One of these. @ $58 million, I'm sure it will be paid for in no time.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

According to my Delegate, the added fees will go towards increasing the trophy packages and adding more money to the State and Zone shoots. The rest will go to the ATA. His words, not mine. He voted for the increase. It was originally proposed to be $1.50/100 targets. That would mean it would cost you $10.50 in daily fees if you shot at 700 marathon targets in a day, instead of $3(ATA fee) as was passed.

Tim

8. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Didn't someone post earlier to let the cronies pay the rent at Sparta themselves. This is to ensure that they won't have to do that. They can cover for their blunder by getting more cash from people that do not go to Sparta.

You can shoot at Cardinal and bypass the the grand but either way you are going to pay for Sparta!

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Not that you care to know the truth, but the ATA doesn't pay rent for Sparta.

You're going to have to think of some other lie to spout. That one doesn't fly.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

'joe' that someone is you. What rent??? Why don't you show us where you get your facts from. I think your just a pot stirrer and nothing more. You sure don't let facts get in the way of your BS posts.

11. Gary Waalkes

Any vision that I have for the ATA would cost money. Lots of money. It would require at least the original proposal of 1.50 per hundred. As passed, my daily ATA fee went up $1. Usual programs shoot 2 - 3 hundred targets per day. Sometimes it will be 400 targets and then there are the 500 target marathons.

At a 500 target bird marathon, we are talking about a total fee of 7 dollars and fifty cents. That would be a $5.50 increase at a marathon shoot. That is about the price of a box of shells. The amount of the increase would be insignificant considering the total price of shells, entry fees, gas, lunch, etc.

I beleive a lot of gun clubs need a cash infusion for traps and calls. I believe there are youth orgs that could use some shells. I believe the ATA trophy packages need to be upgraded. I believe increases are needed

12. perga1

perga1 Active Member

When has the ATA ever given any assistance to local gun clubs or given shells to youth orgs? The only aid I see given by ATA dollars is to ATA officials. Any increase these days, after the revelations of the abuses reported last year, should be justified and dedicated. $!.00 or whatever, the general trust factor in the EC and how this organization is managed is pretty low and any increase is suspected to be going into someones pocket. JRM

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

When has the ATA given any assistance to local gun clubs?

It's nice of you to ask. The last time was about 2 weeks ago.

See link above for gun club grant recipients.

14. Gary Waalkes

People love to run on rumors or old stories. But past the help thing, I think the ATA State Trophy packages need some help. The 2 dollar per day has outgrown itself.

15. missed some

missed some TS Member

nice replies V10, it always amazes me when people whine about "stuff". And the truth be known, it doesn't cost the whiners anymore than it did cause they didn't shoot that much anyhow. As a old and dear friend told me once when I asked him why he still shoots Federal papers after all the price increases"I drive a bus that gets 6 miles to the gallon, do you think i give a rip what shells cost." Daily fees are just a part of the sport, and the complainers spend a buck a bottle on stuff that is free from the garden hose. Go figure. mark crist

16. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to complain. Who the bleep was the moron who made it $1.50 for Big 50. Now we'll have to deal with bleep&#(*bleep! change. Either leave it at $1 or make it $2 and be done with it.

17. perga1

perga1 Active Member

V10, thank you for the update. Was that the first ATA assistance to local clubs? I think it's great but way past due. Where does a club find the requirements to apply for a Grant? Grass roots support is sorely needed especially in poor economic times like these. Boost the local clubs and you will boost trapshooting and ATA participation will follow.Jim

18. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was the "first" assistance to clubs, but it was the most recent.

The fund started in 2006, I believe. Part of its funding comes from contributions through the Champions of the Future program.

The form had been up on the ATA's site, but it looks like its been taken down for revision.

You can get a "quick view" at it. It should be the top hit on this --> http://www.google.com/search?q=ATA+Gun+club+fund+grant+request

Then click on the "quick view" link.

19. perga1

perga1 Active Member

V10, thanks that's good to see. The distributions are very different. It would be nice to see the requirements for the grants and how the recipients are determined. It also appears that this assistance to the local clubs comes from donations. Is it ATA money or donations funding these grants. Either way I hope it continues. If the ATA ever decided to go to a 30+ yard line it would be nice if there was funding available to local clubs for the adjustments. I remember the Skeet association used to offer local clubs $1,000 for improvements or the addition of a Skeet field. I think that kind of help to local clubs would go a long way in improving grass roots involvement. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.