1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Registered Shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I joined ATA a couple of years ago,let the membership lapse, but renewed last week. I seem to be in the dark when it comes to ATA registered shoots. There are plenty listed for my area, but I am curious about what I need to do to get involved in them. I belong to a couple of clubs and shoot in a pick-up league every week, but none of the guys I shoot with participate in the ATA events - at least not that I've been able to determine.

Thanks for any guidance,

Larry

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

1. Go to the shoot.

2. Present your Average Card for classification.

3. Pay the event fees. Pay for any options you want.

4. Shoot.

5. Enjoy.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

When you go to your first registered shoot, as you did here, ask questions. Seek the most knowledgeable shooters out. A lot of trapshooters wont volunteer information or offer help without being asked. It has been engrained in them that to "butt in" might offend you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Those two dumbass notions have kept shooters apart for centuries.

Most are just waiting to be asked and you'll find they are very helpful.

From some you might hear that registered trapshooters are "stuck up" and don't want to help newcomers. That's BS. Have fun - and welcome to a sport that you can enjoy for a lifetime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata registered shoots

ata sign up
ata trap shoots in my area
nc ata registered shoots
registered ata trap shoots in florida