1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mirage1, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Can someone please explain how you get into My ATA.Com?
    I know mt ATA number but what are you suppose to use
    for a password? In addition, excatly what is this site?
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

They issue a password. You need to call them.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

You can email the ATA for a password to see your own detail scores. They will mail it back. MY ATA is for clubs at present and there's nothing there for you.

This site is not connected to the ATA. Some here are ATA shooters, some informal trapshooters, some don't shoot at all. You can judge the quality of their advice by looking them up on the Shooter Information Center. Take anonymous advice with about as much seriousness as you would at a bar when the guy on the stool next to says "Sure, I know something about abdominal surgery, let's take a look."

Neil

4. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Thank You All.
    Joe

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I had the same problem. The way the site is set up is rediculous. I had 3 other people look at it to see if I was missing something. No one could find anywhere that it said "Call for password".

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I just recieved my password a few weeks ago. joined ATA 11/06.

7. Neil Winston

mac, you got a password with your first card. But the higher security of our entire system now required new ones and that's the one you just got. This has caused some problems but as time passes, they will fade away. But thanks for the reminder. The new cards, when they are sent out, should have that password with it, shouldn't they? I'll bring that up with the office.

Neil

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You can bet on one thing, there are a lot of informal shooters out there in clay target land that can tell you an awful lot about trapshooting, skeet shooting, and sporting clays that you won't be able to find out at a trapshooting site or on the ATA's web site ... The fact that a person does or does not shoot ATA does not make them an authority by any means and you can take that to the bank ... Neil just happens to be the next one to get the gun of his choice for being President from the ATA so he's kind of partial to the ATA in many ways ... The guy sitting next to you at the bar might be a surgeon, so keep that in the back of your mind also ... I can recall a time when none of the EC from the ATA would sit at the bar with the people they were supposed to represent so you won't have to worry about running into one of them at a trapshooter bar, but a Doctor or two is possible ... ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. deking00

deking00 Member

Neil, have you tried to login to MY ATA lately.

David King

10. Neil Winston

Hell, Bill, if the gun club you were president of - though not necessarily at that time - had paid their just bills for two (2!) Satellite Grands - which is to say they took our trophies, our programs, our postage and our All-American points never paid us what they owed - the ATA could buy me a matched set and an oak leather case and Purdey hat and all that.

My advice stands. If someone won't substantiate their advice with their own name no one should listen. When S&M investigations was busy, we tracked down the first 20 responses to a simple technique question and basically no one who had written could it much of anything.

What makes one an authority is writing something and signing it. What authority can you think of who writes anonymously? How do you know he/she is an authority?

Neil

11. Neil Winston

Thanks, David. I think there's maybe a problem.

Neil

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hey Neil,

The ATA got paid in full when I was the President of the Old Phoenix Club, before or after is not and never was my problem ... If there is a lack of communication within the ATA thats their problem but I personally talked with and dealt with Dave Kaiser and John Norris about any monies that were due the ATA and they got paid ... I do know that I was asked several times during the last Spring Grand that I was involved with if a bar and sandwiches were going to be set up in the back room for the ATA Officials and I said if they want to drink let them sit at the bar (and pay) and eat with the people who they are supposed to respresent, with that they got in their cars and left for points unknown ... The ATA was supposed to make arrangements with the club to pay for a $600 radio that they had to have for what ever reason, and it ended up being lost and the club paid for it also ... Now, get back in line and wait for your new gun ... The Old Phoenix club had at least two Spring Grands after I was gone and off of the board so I have nothing to do with those ... I can only be held accountable for the times when I was the President and part of the Board of Directors and nothing more or less ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Neil Winston

I made it clear, Bill, that I was not sure you were president when all this happened. But you seem to be so hung up on a gun that I thought I would remind you of the Phoenix club and it's unpaid bills which were a fraction of any gun I might or might not get. Let's see. . . six for a radio which who knows who stole, vs close to thirty grand of unpaid just bills. Who's the crook in this story?

A bar in the back room for the EC? Just more BS, just like the $600 radio. Can you give us more detail about that? Start, for example, with what kind of radio costs that much, what use the EC planned to make of it, and who had it last.

Neil

14. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Bar in the back room?----------What for????????? Trapshooters don't drink!!!!!!!

Gne J.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

If I were required to sit in rather boring meetings 6 hours a day for three days, several times a year, without compensation, I would not feel guilty about getting a couple of free soft drinks from a private bar set up in the meeting room. The term "bar" is not restricted to a place where strong drinks are served.

Bill- The actions of the officers of any club reflect on the entire membership of the club.

Neil- I have a reasonable math question for you. If you were paid the for the hours you spend working for us at the same rate as a greeter at Wall Mart, how much money would you make over the six years (1 yr as ex-officio)you will work for us? During your calculations, please subtract the cost of any free soft drinks you have consumed during the formal meetings. And, if the soft drinks are a problem, let me know how much money is involved and I will make certain that in the future, this expense is provided from a private source.

Pat Ireland

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Neil,

The radio in question was a rental two way system that was used for the line people and thats what they charged us for it ... Though I agree that no radio is worth that much money, how were we supposed to argue once the thing is gone and they claim they have a worthless set up because of it being missing ... The leasing outfit did send us a bill for the replacement that was for $597.00 and I forwarded it to the ATA and never heard anything more about it until I called and was told it would be taken care of by John Norris ... It was either Phil Wright or Tom Acklin who had the radio in question from what I was told at the time by Kristie (our secretary) but have to actual knowledge of that ...

I was told that it was common place to have a set up bar and snacks, sandwiches etc. for the EC in the board room (back room) and I told Ron Meyer that was news to me and if they want to drink they can sit at the bar or eat in the dining area with the people they are supposed to represent ... I also told him to make sure they pay for the drinks and whatever they eat just like everyone else also ... I don't give two shits if you believe it or not but thats the Gods honest truth ... I can tell you if one more or any one of the ATA/EC would of given me one more dirty look for what ever reason I would of slapped the thing off of their face on the spot ... The ATA/EC did nothing but get in the way and I told Tom Acklin to get out from behind the counter several times and stay out or I will call the Police and have him arrested if I see him back there one more time ... He asked me if I knew who he was and I asked in return if he knew who I was and being the President of the club yeilded more power than him being a Vice President of anything when he was in our club, end of arguement ... I was told and DO NOT have first hand knowledge that in the years before that year, when the bar was set up in the back room the EC would not only sit in there and eat and drink but had the balls to take even the FULL Bottles with them when they left ... I got a belly full of the EC when I was involved with the Old club and have little respect for them because of it yet to this day ... Those are the facts like it or not and I could tell you a lot more but why bother because you will claim its all bullshit, but I know its not and thats what really matters ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Pat,

Quit humping Neils leg, I think he's begining to like it ... You were not there and there were no meetings in the back room, it was the ATA/EC avoiding the very people they were supposed to represent plain and simple ... I was told flat out that they (the EC) did not want to sit at the bar or eat in the dining area and be bothered by the members while doing so ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Neil Winston

Bill, what years were you an officer of that club?

Neil

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

WPT- I am absolutely not condescending to Neil. I do frequently agree with him and when we disagree, he and I can have some very enjoyable well mannered discussions. All I do on this site is present my opinion on topics and listen to the opinions of others.

I suspect you have failed to recognize that during breaks for refreshments is a very important working time in long meetings. During the breaks, short conversations, off the record, between individuals with different views can be very enlightening. These conversations must be in private. I have been in many meetings where two sides appear to be dead locked in opposition. The chairman calls for a 20 minute break, and when the meeting resumes, the problem has been resolved.

Pat Ireland

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pat: Don't bring logic into the situation.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.