Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ata press release

12K views 168 replies 25 participants last post by  V10 
#1 ·
On the ATA website is press release regarding an extra $100,000 added to the Grand American for 2012. Is this where the xtra ATA fees are going? Just curious where the money is coming from?

#127 ·
Nameisjoe

Like I said there are a few clubs where I shoot, that have "cash trophies"

Cost of 100 targets for each event is on average 25.00, plus ATA and State daily fees.

Five dollars of the entry fee from each shooter is pooled and awarded to class/yardage group winners of the event.

Other purses and options are optional.

I won't say which clubs are doing it, but the shooters really like it.

If I have to choose between paying an entry fee, of which a portion goes to a compulsory purse or complusatpry trinket trophy, I would prefer the purse.

#128 ·
Rick,

It sounds like that is how they get around the rule.

It doesn't sound like the cash trophy/purse is mandatory. Back in the 90's calcuttas were the big thing and the ATA did not want you to have to donate to the purse.

Calcuttas (non registered)are coming back again in this area because clubs are angry with the ATA. The 2 yard reduction has increased the demand for calcuttas.

#129 ·
Rick,

Compulsory purses are not forbidden at ATA shoots.

Compulsory purses are not permitted in events where ATA trophies or ATA Added Money are awarded.

There's a difference.

For example, the Golden West Grand Preliminary Handicap (event 10) has a compulsory purse.

#130 ·
V10

You are correct and I stand corrected.

I always get myself in trouble when I try to quote from memory.

Thank you.

#133 ·
By all means, lets keep it straight.

I think I should also start a new program where I don't post when I am tired. Only got 4 hours sleep last night.

#134 ·
Mr Coveleskie by chance did you read the ATA press release???? You have me confused because you said to me.

"I did say that to be more fair the purses should have been split, all shooters should have been eligable to win part of the $100,000.00 Only those paying into the 900 target event should be eligable to win in it."

The problem for me has nothing to do with reading comprehension it has to do with you changing what you are talking about. The quote I put in my reply to nameless concerning your statement. Isn't even close to the quote of what you said. Which follows.

"No mater how you cut it, all shooters that support the ATA are paying into the $100,000. But only the ones playing the purse are benefiting from it. If all shooters were illegible to have a chance at the $100,000. then it would be fair to all."

Roger I will say it again because you must have missed it the first time I said it. All in attendance at the Grand are eligible at a chance at part of the ATA money!!!!!

So explain to me how I am supposed to understand what you mean when you don't say the same thing every time you say it.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say the purses should have been split?? What do you mean by split??? Explain!!!! If you can't explain how would I know what you are talking about????

Bob Lawless

#138 ·
You wanted me to answer your questions, yet you don't answer any asked of you. I will ask again.

Mr Coveleskie by chance did you read the ATA press release???? Answer the question please.

Just so you will know Roger.

"The ATA added money will feature a Lewis option with an entry fee of $100 offered on the cumulative total of events of 7 through 14 (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) of preliminary week. $50,000 will be added by the ATA to the total entries in this purse on the total of 900 targets, and will be paid back in 5 Lewis divisions, split 50-30-20% (15 separate scores will win). The remaining $50,000 added by the ATA will be added to the Lewis option purses for the 8 events scheduled for August 10-12:

$5,000 will be added to Friday’s Michelob Lite Singles

$8,000 will be added to Friday’s Budweiser Handicap

$5,000 will be added to Friday’s Bud Light Doubles

$6,000 will be added to Saturday-Sunday’s NRA Singles

$8,000 will be added to Saturday’s Krieghoff 100 Handicap

$5,000 will be added to Saturday’s RIO Ammo Doubles

$8,000 will be added to Sunday’s Blaser Handicap

$5,000 will be added to Sunday’s Wenig Doubles

Each Lewis option on these events will be divided 5 divisions, 60-40% each division.

That is directly from the press release. That is the one that you don't seem to have read. I don't know if this is what you are talking about when you mention "Split" That is $50,000 in in the $100 dollar lewis on 900 targets and another $50,000 in 8 separate events $50,000 in one and $50,000 in another.

It also says that everyone at the grand .has a shot at some of that money. To quote you Roger

"What could be more fair than that."

Bob Lawless

#140 ·
Roger,

The thing I don't understand about your posts, is why you think it is OK that:

"Only those that pay the $100.00 should be able to shoot for the 900 target Lewis class purse."

Yet you don't like the fact that only people who play the individual event Lewis options are eligible for that Added Money.

You do realize that $50,000 of the $100,000 is being added to the 900-target Lewis, right? Or didn't you realize that?

So, what is your suggestion for an equitable distribution method? Everybody who competes is entered into a drawing for the money? What sort of distribution method would you use for that?

You also state that:

"The money coming from the ATA is or was the result of shooter partiapation [sic] at all levels not just at the grand."

That's what I disagree with. The Grand was $250,000 in the black last year. I maintain that we are re-investing some of that revenue back into the Grand. Obviously you don't agree with that. However, your contention of assignment of these funds to everybody's participation is no more valid, in fact less so, than my contention that it is assignable to the Grand.

#141 ·
V10

Are these particular events heavily attended, or are they events lightly attended, where as the added money might draw more shooters to them, kinda like seed money??

#142 ·
Rick,

Last year's attendance for these three days dipped down slightly.

So, yes, I believe that's why this time frame was "targeted."

It should be pointed out, though, that we have added 200 targets to the schedule.

In year's past, Friday of Preliminary Week was a 300-target day, as it is for 2012.

But, Saturday and Sunday consisted of 200 targets each.

At the 2012 Grand, Saturday and Sunday will be 300-target days too.

#144 ·
Kolar, yeah. Play it.

You are not playing for HAA money, obviously, but the purses will be substantially sweeter for both singles and caps.

If 1000 people play, the total (enhanced) Lewis will be $150,000, or about $17,000 per event (15 places, percentage), PLUS 8 of the events have added money, from $5k to $8, which you will play only the $20(?) - $25(?) S & H, each.

There will be 2 checks per event: Enhanced Lewis, and regular Lewis (albeit with added money).

Bob

#147 ·
There are 8 events (the NRA singles is a 200-target event, 100 shot on Saturday, and 100 shot on Sunday).

Each of the 8 events will have its Lewis option enhanced as shown by Bob Lawless in his post of the "press release" above. The Lewis option for each individual event will cost $20.

<i>Additionally</i>, there will be a High Over All Lewis on the total 900 targets. This Lewis will cost $100, and be enhanced by the addition of $50,000 in Added Money.

#149 ·
"Are you to dense to understand what I am saying."

Well Roger I guess I must be because you haven't explained yet what the he!! you are talking about. Didn't I tell you right up front that I didn't understand you point? Did I lie to you and say that I thought you were correct?? I can't read your mind. Explain how you arrived at your conclusion, what ever that is.

You said and I quote.

"You are not answering my questions becouse you can not and still back up what you have said."

For the last time Roger I can not answer what is in your mind if I don't know what is there!!! As an example in your second post you said.

"No mater how you cut it, all shooters that support the ATA are paying into the $100,000. But only the ones playing the purse are benefiting from it. If all shooters were ellegable to have a chance at the $100,000. then it would be fair to all."

The first statement in that quote is just your opinion no matter how you cut it. In the second statement you seem to feel (again just a guess because you haven't clarified) that there should be some other way of entering the purse. Which by the way you haven't clarified.

The third statement seems to be talking about the total ATA membership that shoot. Yet the majority won't even be there. But you don't think it needs to be explained. Tell us Roger if every shooter should have a chance at the $100,000 how does the guy that stayed home in NJ instead of going to the Grand enter the event????

As I said before Roger you make nothing clear your statements are all up to one's interpretation. Your fist statement says "All shooters" you again say "All shooters" in your third statement. So are we to assume that those that stay home should still be eligible for that added money?????

I trust I have sufficiently answered your questions as I won't waste any more words on trying to decide who is dense and who is not.

Bob Lawless

#150 ·
Rick,

I would bet my house that if the Grand were still in Ohio and the ATA were doing this exact "Added Lewis Option", there would not be a peep out of some of these complainers. At least that is my opinion.

I think it's a great idea for the ATA to add money into the Grand. I do also like Setterman's thoughts on spreading some money around to the clubs. Perhaps that could be the next step by the ATA in some fashion or another.

#151 ·
Matt it might also be good to note that the ATA already has in place a Gun Club Fund. Which through grant to ATA affiliated clubs gives money.

For things that make ATA sanctioned shoots run smoother and be more successful. The link above get you to the specifications and application form.

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.