Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ata press release

12K views 168 replies 25 participants last post by  V10 
#1 ·
On the ATA website is press release regarding an extra $100,000 added to the Grand American for 2012. Is this where the xtra ATA fees are going? Just curious where the money is coming from?

#30 ·
Roger:

The press release very clearly states that the $100,000 is being added to to $100 per shooter Lewis pool. LS couldn't figure that out, but it is there in plain english.

Jimmy P - to me "added money" is a self descriptive term. It is money added to the shoot that isn't separately charged to the shooters. Management has any option they want in how it is disbursed, although it usually is done as you say. Nothing wrong with what's going on here, it is an attempt to build up the monies available in the Lewis, which can be won by more shooters than with the normal procedure you are referring to, since that generally only goes with a trophy, or at least that's how it used to be.

#35 ·
LS:

You need to explain your post better. Of course you have to shoot the 900 targets to qualify for the Lewis on those overall 900 targets. What the heck would you expect? You pay $100 to get in this cumulative lewis, winners get paid whatever is in the lewis pool 5 divisions each paid 50-30-20%. PLUS, ATA throws in $50,000 to whatever is already in that lewis. What in the world are you talking about?

#39 ·
Unless the word "added money" is defined contrary as proposed in the ATA, the contributor or body and whoever writes the program should be able to set the rules of the event.

See pages 33 and 34 of current rule book.

If you do not want to have shot the 900 targets before hand, you do not qualify.

What is the difference between this and the "back to the 70's " DLS wanted to put in the rulebook a couple days agp?????

Remember those limitations and qualifications he had listed????

#41 ·
o/u,

You can read the press release.

It's being done similar to the $200k Lewis Challenge at last year's Grand.

It's my opinion, and I'm sure the EC noticed too, that the additional targets that were thrown as a result of the increased participation in the Grand Week doubles events due to the $200k Lewis put the Grand $250,000 in the black.

We are taking a portion of that money and investing it in Preliminary Week using a format that is similar to what was successful last year.

With any luck we'll have similar success with this option, and then we can "reinvest" that money in the 2013 Grand.

#44 ·
V10,

Could you please explain to me why we had to raise the daily fees, if we have all of this extra money.

If we are going to "reinvest" any money it should be in the local clubs that throw ATA targets.

If we lose enough local clubs there will not be any Grand American Shoot.

You can send me a PM or an E-mail if you want to keep this a secret.

Ron Burdick

#45 ·
Ron,

In year's past, the ATA used some of the investment income to bridge the gap between operating revenue and operating expenses.

As pointed out by Bob Glatz in his now infamous treatise on the ATA's management, the ATA was using more investment income than was probably prudent.

So we looked at ways to increase operating revenue. We considered changing the fees to $1/100 targets, for example, and various other combinations of daily fees, per target fees, and membership fees.

One of the things that was noticed was that, accounting for inflation, daily fees (at $2) were less than they should have been if they had been "indexed" for inflation.

The Delegates were presented with a number of scenarios and estimates of the additional revenue that would be generated by each scenario and the majority voted to just increase the daily fees to $3/day.

Even with the increase in daily fees we will still be using some investment income, I believe. But it will be less (obviously) than we have in year's past.

#47 ·
Talk about straw man arguments! Roger, anyone could continue to pick apart anyone else's decisions on anything, just as you are doing. What the ATA is doing is trying to get a high dollar Lewis going. The ATA is adding money on top of a special Lewis Class option to make more interesting payouts to more shooters. It's an idea, something similar had good success last year. You don't like it. Some will. There is no right or wrong, it's an attempt to get the Lewis prizes larger.

Most of us don't go to the Grand, should we argue that we are subsidizing the GAH winner and all the other trophy winners? Anyone can continue to break it down into further never-ending arguments about what is right and what is wrong, just don't mislead people on the facts like LS was. The ATA is adding money over and above that provided by the $100 Lewis entry fees. You can spin it any way you wish.

#48 ·
nameisjoe:

You ask if it is a compulsory purse since "we" have already paid into it.

What's this "we" business?

You paid your annual membership, but that's all. You haven't shot a registered event since 1996 EXCEPT for 100 caps in 2011 and 100 caps in 2012, and all this hostility about the Grand going to Sparta? Well:

You weren't shooting at the Grand in '97, or in '98 or in '99, or in 2000, or at anytime up to including the last year.

And, in another diatribe concerning Sparta, you talked about having to stay in St. Louis and the awful drive to Sparta-well, if you did go to the Grand, you either never shot any targets there or that was the 100 caps you shot in 2011.

BTW: Looks like you've not supported any registered shooting at the Cardinal Center, either. They didn't exist when you dropped out of registered in '96 and you've only shot 200 total registered targets since.

How did I find this out? Easy, you left your email address on one of your posts. I just googled it and it took me to several posts captured on the world wide web and on one I looked at you gave your name. Then I put that name in the ATA site and, well, the rest is history. Not much history, though.

So, my point is simple. All this hostility, hatred towards Sparta, that ATA, the EC-it's all an act, isn't it. You weren't shooting ATA for several years before, not shooting ATA during and not shooting ATA after the move from Vandalia to Sparta.

Doesn't that make you a troll?

Bob

#49 ·
What V10 doesn't tell you....

The delegates were surprised to find that a $5 fee had been proposed and many delegates were shocked. Then later the paperwork was passed around for the $3 fee. V10 doesn't tell you this because the jack goes back to his state. Many delegates were just happy it wasn't $5.

This is a purse that is paid for by the majority that will not be attending the grand. You might be paying $100 but you are getting into someone else's pocket by doing so.

V10 again is hiding this because he has his own agenda. V10 will be able to come up with plenty reasons why he thinks this is justified. It goes to show how out of touch and arrogant he really is.

Last year nearly a half million dollars couldn't attract more to the grand. V10 cant have that. Maybe an extra 100k will make the difference?

It won't be long and the EC and V10 can pay the rent themselves.

V10 likes to spend your money.

#50 ·
LMAO........Oh snap, nameismud is outed!!! He doesn't register targets anywhere. What a troll.

That is some damn good detective work there Bob. If I ever need someone hunted down, I am calling you.

Still laughing............

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.