1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA President's Letter/May,07

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Constructive Comments on improving 07 Grand American.I thought in 06 they did a pretty good job for first time. maybe put all vendors in same area.
    Make better use of transit /tractor,wagon .

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Joe, the IDNR which owns and runs the wagons has decided not to use them this year.

Neil

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

What are they going to use instead or are they going to leave it all up to the shooters black Cadillacs to get from spot to spot?

4. jappo

jappo TS Member

If they aren't going to have the wagons, are they going to allow the use of Mules, Kubota RTV's, John Deere UTV's etc??? I had heard once that they weren't going to allow them and only allow golf carts... What's the latest???

5. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

No Transit, I hope there are a lot of emergency tecs there. I guess I will attend the next GRAND in Ohio. Les Baer and Springfield are leaving Ill. I hope the ATA will get smart.
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Bill ... they need all the supporters they can get at any and all ATA events in Sparta. Please dont let this small inconvenience stop you from attending.

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

duper, everything like golf carts- mules, gators, rangers; they are OK. "Quads" and ATV's are not. But that fast stuff is going to have to observe the speed limit.

Neil

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Maybe we can get DNR to build one of those subway trains like they have under the Atlanta airport..........

PA system on train:

"Bank 34, train is stopping, please hold on".."Doors are closing, train is departing, please hold on"

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Maybe IDNR cant afford the gas for the tram/trolley ... might not be a good sign for the longevity of the place if they are cutting back on the services.

10. CIM

CIM TS Member

Look guys you can park your car or truck about anywhere you wish.You can park in right behind the bank your shooting on.Then drive to the vendor areas and walk around.Plenty of parking everywhere.

CIM

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Kewl ... I'll remember that about the parking and will just have to remember to have a full tank of gas before entering the grounds so that I wont run out of gass driving to and from everywhere. Maybe this then would be a cost cutting measure to help lower the overall expenses of Sparta which is a good thing for the longevity of it all.

12. mobear

mobear Member

I can understand the IDNR's position on this, at the grand last year, their was hardly anybody riding on the wagons, and with the price of fuel right now, their is no reason to be running them when you only have 2 or 3 people riding on them.

Dan

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They were a waste last year. 0 people on them. Waste of money for gas, equipment and wages. Smart move.

lumper; Just another dumb ass remark.

Bill Ivins: I sure hope you got time to wait because it isn't going to be in Ohio for a long time. By the way they have more emergency techs than they need, they cruise the trap line, parking lots, in addition they have cooling tents on the line. It's quite obvious you haven't been there so you really don't know what you are talking about.

Don

14. jappo

jappo TS Member

Lumper and Bill Ivins. I go along with your comments more than BigDon. And yes I have been there, shot all three shoots there last year. There are some very good reasons why attendance is down. Go ahead a block out some constructive critisicsm but that won't change much.
    About not using the trams last year. If you had a couple of hours to get from point a to point b you could use them. They were absolutely nothing like utilizing them in Ohio. If anyone thought they were at all functional last year they didn't try and use them.
    If it is so spectacular and everyone needs to support it to it's fullest why doesn't ILL support it to the fullest and hold the their state shoot there. If ILL won't hold their state shoot there they aren't supporting it like they should either. OK I know upteen excuses are coming now.
    I will shoot there again this year but everything is not great so suggestions need to be listened too and not put down so quickly.

15. CIM

CIM TS Member

You can never get on them in Vandalia either...To many non-shooters riding them.

CIM

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

duper; What do you do with Brittany Park?? They spend money to build a Ill. homegrounds and have held the state shoot and is probably their main money maker. Do you just trash that club - think it out don't be like those who are quick to dump on Sparta. lumper dosen't even belong to the ATA.

Don

17. bas

bas Member

We never used the wagons at Sparta...not even once. We just drove where we wanted to go. Taking the wagon would have taken way too long to get to your bank. So, I sure don't see a problem with eliminating them. It will probably help the overall traffic flow.

18. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Neil, who do we need to send a message to at the IDNR to get the wagons back in action?? Roger

19. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Constructive Comment. Maybe find a private pay as you go transit system that would assist. Likely create a workable system.We all know that attended last year, that system did not work. From campgrounds and other important areas.Yet to be determined. Don't like the idea of dropping it.

Joe Woods/Ontario

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Don ... you are correct "Lumper" is not a member of the ATA but the real me is and you would be surprised who "Lumper" actually is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.