1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATA President

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by C Prince, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Who is the new Pres.?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Beginning the first of September, the ATA President will be Western Zone Vice-president Bruce Reed from Douglas, Wyoming. The ATA will be in good hands.

Neil

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Thanks Neil, good luck Bruce. Jim

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Neil- Thank you for working so hard for me and being my friend. Getting to know people like you is one of the great things about shooting trap.

Pat Ireland

5. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Mr. Winston,

I would like to think of you as the "Trapshooters" President! Always a pleasure to read anything you had to offer.

Thanks

FRedmon

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I too would like to thank you for you service, you have done an excellent job.

It was nice meeting you and Roman at Spanish Fork this past June, you both shot very well there.

Tom Strunk

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Thank you Neil for not only this past year but for all the years you spent preparing to lead the Association. Thank you also for making yourself available on this forum. It is widely appreciated based upon the comments I have heard at several clubs.

Best wishes and enjoy reflecting on a job well done.

JT

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Neil

If your travels bring you to Middle Tennessee, I would be honored to buy a few rounds for you (to shoot), LOL

Thanks for your service to our sport.

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Neil; As always a job well done.

Don

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dittos to all the above and then some!

Remember, I get the first copy of the "book?" Thank you sir! Hap

12. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I'll be glad to see him go! He spends way too much time with the ATA Prez stuff and not enough time doing the tests and debunking the myths here that I enjoy so much. Seriously though, this sport is extremely lucky to have a guy like Neil Winston involved.

13. dshot

dshot Member

Great job, I am sure you will be missed, I enjoy and learn from your post on this site and hope you will continue to share your knowledge on this site.
    Thanks

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Once again, a great job, Neil! I hope you will continue to make Michigan one of your stops. I enjoy shooting with you..

Jim Chapman (the lesser)

Michigan

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Thank you Neil for a great job representing all of the shooters. Your informative posts are always a must read. Slow down, smell the roses, and enjoy a well deserved rest. Shoot well in good health, Bob

16. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

At least Neil has the "guts" to come on here. I wonder if the next Pres. will have the Bal*'s to do the same?

17. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I thank everyone for their kind words here and for their support over the years:

In the ATA for the five-plus I've been a Vice-President and acted as President. . .

In Minnesota, where I've been Delegate, off and on, for twenty years or so.

While I must say that waning influence is no fun for anyone, including me, there is a compensating freedom which I am already beginning to enjoy. I woke up this morning and instead of a ringing phone - sometimes two - that I have become accustomed to, I addressed an omelet in peace (no shortage of eggs here!), read the paper, and went on in the quiet life I scarcely remember.

As I told the BOD in my parting remarks, I've never had so much fun. And to think so many willingly and supportively gave me the opportunity to be President - well, that's just a measure of trapshooters' basic good will and generosity. I thank you all, both here on TS.com and elsewhere.

Neil

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

I figured there was a good reason for the one-year terms, from the viewpoint of the volunteer holding the office.

Good job Neil & thanks for your service.

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service.

Will Kyra be posting more now that you will have more time at home near the computer? I miss her.

20. mnjim

mnjim TS Member

Neil, with all the time on your hands now, maybe catch you down at Wasca for some doubles. Thanks for the great job you did for the ATA, and the state of mMinn. Thanks again MnJim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.